Reviews for How To Prevent Prejudgment of Your Story
snicker-n-snark chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Wow, that was actually really helpful. Thank you. And not only that, but I enjoyed reading. So really, thank you.

-Sam (also)
L.A. Clearwater chapter 1 . 7/31/2009
You give honest to goodness comments well...and I'm thankful for your advices(I usually write stories with the "chosen one" cliche).Thanks a lot!
B BLiss chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
your bitching is spot on

I (honestly) agreed with what you said

keep it up.

-Might be helpful to include examples of names
so64 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
I will certainly keep this information in mind when writing, for I do have a tendenacy to use the 'angels vs. demons' cliche a lot in my writing and I'm hoping to change that.

Nice article about writing.
WritersBlock2000 chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I have to ask, the whole section of clichéd characters, are

those charcters you have seen or have been over used. I dont understand what is cliché about a gay vampire, pirate, or ninja. I love this guide though, it is very informative. I just dont undertsand that one aspect.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
I agree with you on a lot of things. About the overused characters, often an author would use character archetypes. So I personally think that the execution is important rather than the character type. But overall, great guide. :-)
infernal n1ght stepper chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
nice work! humorous and informative at the same time.

about the Annoying characters section, though. Sometimes you can use annoyingsome (lol) characters as an advantage, not a hindrance. Like, if it's done well, one can pull it off.

Besides, if there were no annoying characters, with no faults and suchlike, there would be only bland, happy people with no personality.

but whatever! XD
The Mumbling Sage chapter 1 . 3/11/2009
Hello there!

Hmm...some comments from yours truly.

High Fantasy is the official term (along with Epic Fantasy and in some cases Sword & Sorcery) for secondary world fantasy, especially that in which magic plays a major part. I support 100% the use of fictional names in a fictional setting, because a man named Tom in the world of Herevah is just as out of place as Yuki in a 18th century French boarding school. But yes, some of those nonsensical apostraphied names don't work.

Some of them do, but that's an entirely different story. The important thing is to have a system.

The Chosen One cliche I think can be used about 100 more times, if all those 100 times are people playing with the idea. At least, I hope so, since I have a short piece sitting with a magazine right now dealing with the Chosen One cliche. We'll see how it goes.

I'm torn on the description question. Some people use too much, but some also use to little. I don't like talking head syndrome where characters are just floating around in a void.

Oh god, gum chewing. Is it just me, or is that the nosiest activity on earth?

Oh, god, sex. I wish there were more prudish authors for the (proudly) prudish readers like myself.

Thanks for writing this. Always good to see more of this exasperation put out in the world for writers to find...and read...and remember!
Charmyte chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
A nice guide to help aspiring writers, with a great sense of humor in it.
SandmanCircus chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
If you are just trying to express humor then ignore this review, otherwise, let my just point out a great amount of what you say sounds highly cynical and is boarderlining on just plain rude.

Not that that I'm saying it wasn't funny, or anything and you brought up some liable points. However, be careful with what you say, alot of people can be highly sensitive about their work and to see someone blatantly bad mouthing something they may have written can be greatly offending and degrading.

Please don't take any offence, and I do agree with alot of what you said ( except the part about Cloud, he is HOT lol) but try and be more careful with your words.

:) thanks.
Loki the Jackal chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Hey!

House as in MD House?

This is good. And useful.

But House is better than half of television Shite out there.(but yes undeniably predictable. He either saves the patient or they die D: )
makemebreakme555 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
i love you! thanks for the advice.
Dudly chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
&chuckles at the list of biggest cliches*

Have you ever watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
L'Archange chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Loved this. :)
defunct account 101521 chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
This is well-written and for the most part I agree all the way, but explain this piece:

Gay vampires

Gay ninjas

Gay pirates

How are those cliche? That's like calling anyone who happens to be gay a cliche. Whose to say those people can't be gay? I mean, really- I'm in the midst of a gay vamp story, and I don't think it's cliche.

That's all,