Reviews for The Underworld
C.J. Freden chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
Your style is a great deal more refined than my own, so I don't have much to add, other than, "yes, this."

The nature of curiosity, fantasy, heroes, and the epic struggle/adventure is a subject that fascinates me. This is a well-condensed and orderly essay on the thought process of that subject. It almost begs conversation. I think that's a good thing.
Narq chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
Hmm... this seems more like an essay than a story though, but no doubt you're the reader so you'll know what this is. But it is precise and to the point, presenting interesting questions to human kind. Great work!
Jareth the Monk chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Okay, here's your one review for the one essay.

I would have to think that every culture on earth has some kind of underworld story, where there is either eternal peace, ultimate justice, or final destruction. As the reasons for seeking the underworld are many, so are the reasons for there being an underworld in the first place. But what if there was an underworld where just not that much went on? What if death carried on in the same general way as your poor miserable existence in this toilet Earth does? Would anybody be so keen on going, unless you're looking for riches, love, or a good time? It has always been preached that the afterlife must hold something more, sights and wonders you never experienced before. Thay way, dying doesn't seem so bad.

Anyway, good essay, and not a grammar flaw could I find, so now if you'll excuse me I'll go look for that copy of the Egyptian Book of the Dead and look for something better on the other side before its too late.
A Free Elf chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
Interesting essay.

However, not everyone is scared or even fascinated by death. I suggest you spend some time with the elderly; many of them have infinitely closed minds when it comes to thinking of dying. They either have unwavering beliefs or maintain that they 'don't care' - what's going to happen will happen, and there's no use in wasting what time they do have, thinking about when it's all going to end.

This is in no way a criticism, I just thought I'd give a little addition to the subject as a whole. Granted, humans have always felt a deeper need for knowledge that goes beyond science. It all comes down to fear in the end.

I wrote an essay a few months back that you might find interesting, although it focuses more on my own personal discovery.

Keep scribbling,