Reviews for Friends Forever
PoetOfSaiMiHunManKal chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
This is a poem I can truly empathize with. If what's described here happened to you, I offer you my condolences. I've had too many experiences where "friends" were just faking it and ultimately abandoned or even betrayed me.
As for the poem the structure was easy to follow and the absence of rhyming until the last 4 lines was an interesting method and also an effective one-from this the reader could interpret the narrator's thoughts becoming more cohesive towards the end as he/she realizes that the "friends" were never their actual friends.
An excellent poem. Well done.
thefaultinourpatronus chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Nice poem about an everyday and very realistic issue of life.

x mandy
Unknown Sorrow chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
The ending was abrupt... I get that, too. That's one thing I don't like about some poems. Maybe the writer has nothing else to add, or who knows what, but the end needs something else in order to have the perfect ending. Some poems, I've found, I just never want them to end. They're so good, or I'm loving the idea of the poem and yet writing has it's limits. Yay! Still no rhyme scheme (if you haven't noticed, I'm not the biggest fan. It makes writing seemed forced. I've done it to myself and learned a valuable lesson. My best poetry has had no rhyme scheme what-so-ever.)!
RedCarsInSummer chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
um, wow. "this is just another note i'll never send, love your best friend is a super good line. it really finishes it off properly.
thisthattheother chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Wow. I love this. Seriously.

It's... I can relate I guess.

And btw; I don't mind the "Cuz"

I think it fits well with: "This is just another note I'll never send, Love your best friend"

Anyways: into the favourites it goes.

Gold Star (don't ask... it's just something I have a compulsion to put in reviews of things I really like)

S'later
Glowing Aura chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I know how this feels, and I'm sure a lot of other people do, too. Friends forever, indeed. Although I think I would have put this under the category of Friendship instead of School, but then again school is full of catty behavior.

Anyway, I like the emotions you portray in here and the letter-written style of it. Excellent job.
Tranquil Thorns chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Traitorous friends aren't very fun. /

It helps to rant through writing, though. Which, I take, is what you did here?

It does read rather more like a rant than actual poem from time to time (as in the lines 'And yet you had the nerve to call me emo/When you’re the one who has no life'), but if it helps get your feelings across it could be effective.

One line that didn't sit well with me me was 'Cuz, you’re scared of what they’ll think', because it just bothers me for some reason when people use 'cuz' and similar words in an otherwise grammatically-correct/smoothly-written poem. Just a pet peeve. P

Anywho, keep writing!
Evera19 chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
"Love your best friend," I love that. Anyways nicely done.