Reviews for A Walk in the Rain
Lady R chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
Wow. That was really tense. I could feel the effort Bekah was putting on to stay strong through this unexpected encounter. And leave it to Dan to start lecturing about how things should be done. Did you purposely misquote Enrique's last name? It should have been Iglesias. Oh, how I love that song! Anyway, this was really good. Will Dan pop up Bekah's apartment now that he has an address? Can he manage to stay away? I'm curious to see how long he can hold out from paying Bekah a visit.
StrawberryKisses08 chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
oh my goodness so much TENSION -.o
Klyne chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
I love this version. The unexpected encounter is just a perfect set up, and now he has her address. Hahaha. And though I didn't read either of the original versions of this one, I can say that this is a refreshing plot. And Denise. I would not have guessed that he would take her back in a million years in any version because he seems smarter than that. It makes me wonder just what it is he's doing with her. Is she for show? Does he think she really changed? Did she change? Is he lonely, and she was there? Just so many possibilities.
adnama3121 chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
Hmm...not how I pictured that, lol, it's okay though.

Umm, "Hero" is not by Enrique Gonzalez, it's by Enrique Iglesias

Just thought you should know.

Amanda
Lady Knight 1512 chapter 5 . 4/10/2008
I loved it this morning and i love it even more now. It's beautiful and i don't at think the last part was cheesy. Part of being a writer is exaggerating the ordinary, but not quite enough to make it unbelievable. This was completely within the realms of believability. So much so that it made me get all teary. I love the contrast between their original relationship and the one they have now, if you can call it a relatioship. It'll get there though. They'll make it. I can't wait to see Dan kick Denise to the curb though. Maybe i'm just cold-hearted, but i'm hainging out for that. LoL.

There were a couple of minor typos. The first was when we see Denise through Bekah's eyes. You say something about her hair, but you wrote 'main' instead of 'mane'.

Also, and perhaps the most important, you got Enrique's name wrong. I was shocked when i saw it, coz you've used him before. Unless of course, he was known by another name that i'm not aware of. Anyway, you wrote "Enrique Gonzalez", not 'Enrique Iglesias'. You might want to change that.

Apart from that, it was perfect. I loved every moment of reading this and i can't wait for another chapter! This story has me so excited. Update soon please!

Coldd -Casee Love.andLies chapter 4 . 4/8/2008
Hey I was just being honest, And dont I add spice to a bland day? haha u asked for it now-you
Lady Knight 1512 chapter 4 . 4/8/2008
There's an ad at the bottom of the page and it has the most delicious looking cake on it. Chocolate cream and chocolate shavings ane everything good ...

OK, sorry. LoL. You wanted critiquing and here i am telling you about the cake ad. It IS an appealing piece of cake though.

I loved it. The chapter i mean. You changed quite a bit from what you originally sent me, but this works better, especially the scene where Dan and Bekah see each other. This was much fuller and i felt it worked perfectly. It wasn't dramatic, but it still had the impact i thought was required. The last line was perfect too. Here's Bekah, pretending like it's all ok, that she was never in love with the man in front of her, so she just asks "Want to buy some organic candy?" Perfect. Really, i loved the whole chapter.

I really want to know how they keep in touch after this though. This story is exciting in a way that the others aren't. This is completely different from the other stories. It's really exciting and i just can't wait to see what happens next! Update soon please!

Lady R chapter 4 . 4/8/2008
I just love how you build up the confrontation and then just end it with a cliffhanger like that. You know I'm just gonna beg for more! LOL How will Dan react? What will happen when Denise appears at the table? Man, I gotta know now! LOL

Ok, moving on, I know the first couple of chapters is setting up the story, and I don't know if this was mentioned in the previous story, but what happened to Jim and Alice? Jim broke Alice's heart?

This story is getting really interesting!
Lady R chapter 3 . 4/7/2008
Didn't you do another sequel to The Rose and the the Thorn? Where Bekah is dating Jim and Renee had a child? So in this sequel, it is Dan who is involved or supposedly committed to someone. If I remember correctly, Denise was not a very nice person. Actually, to be honest, I'm still in the ACR mode so it will take some time to get into the right frame of mind for this story and to remember where this story is starting off. I'm a little slow, must be due to my age. LOL

Anyway, I'm just glad that this is beyond the high school setting and am looking forward to how this develops now that Bekah is an "adult".
CrystalFalls2004 chapter 3 . 4/5/2008
I actually am glad that you're starting over on this story, because the other was just getting too... I don't know what to call it. In some places too cliche and stuff, even though I was glad that Dan and Bekah got married. But this one looks really good so far, and I am looking forward to reading more!
Coldd -Casee Love.andLies chapter 3 . 4/5/2008
ur doing so many versions of this story when I liked the walk in the rain original best. U didnt even have the decency to finish the last one and that pisses me off. MayB if u kept one project together long enough to finish it instead of snatching it away, ur fans would be nice. Besides, reading the same plot over and over and over again, is annoying especially when ur so close to finishing an old one. Idk if ill finish this o continue it, all i know is that ur doing too much.

Hey u asked for it.
jacksy chapter 3 . 4/5/2008
This looks to be a very promising sequel to your other Bekah/Dan story, I like the idea of them having been apart, Rose making that decision to stay away from him until she was 18, also the fact that Dan is back with Denise, that's an interesting twist. From the looks of it now, this story could even be stand alone, not being neccessary to have read the previous, which gives it a good quality
adnama3121 chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
Hm...back with Denise, huh? And he's slept with her? That doesn't seem fair, now does it? I mean to Bekah, 'cause even though you haven't said it yet, they're going to get back together, huh? Have they still slept together or did you change that in that last story? I just want to know how far their reltionship went, you know?

Amanda
Breeze x0 chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
Is Dan engaged to Denise? No!

He must be with Bekah. :)

I can't wait til they see each other again.
Lady Knight 1512 chapter 3 . 4/4/2008
He's with DENISE? Is he INSANE? Has he completely lost his MIND? And WHY is she wearing a ring? This is bad. This is REALLY bad. When i saw that Dan had a new girlfriend, i never imagined it would be HER! How could Dan take her back after what she did to him? Idiot. *sigh* Sorry. I'm in a state of shock i think. It's obvious that Dan has turned slightly bitter too. That doesn't make me happy. However, i'll jus thave to get by on the knowledge that everything will work out and that Dan and Bekah will live happily ever after. Again. LoL.

I loved the scene when Bekah was driving the most. The way it was worded was interesting. I couldn't QUITE figure out what had happened coz you never actually spell anything out, so i hope that was your intention. It's intriguing. Loved the bit at the end too, about her falling in love with chocolate. What a cute story. LoL.

As always, can't wait for another update! I want to see Dan's reaction when he sees Bekah again. How exciting! ... But aren't they still living in the same city? How could they not have bumped into each other before? I was under the impression that they didn't live that far away from each other.

169 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 Next »