Reviews for Learning to See
Anon chapter 3 . 3/4
Oy... I really liked the story mate, well written. I'm glad some people are writing about this stuff, it shouldn't be taboo. As someone who has strong feelings for someone a lot older who is a mentor, I can relate. I hope you continue with this
TasteTheFreakingRainbow chapter 2 . 2/15
This is a terrific story. I just reread it. It's been 7 years since you last looked at it, I'm sure, but it would be great if you could update it some time.
MaskUpBitches chapter 3 . 7/30/2014
I know you probably won't ever continue this story or even read my comment, but I want to tell you that your writing is beautiful. I love your style and would love to know how the story goes on, because it is amazing.
horselopez chapter 3 . 6/27/2013
This is fantastic. Please update.
Carol chapter 3 . 1/7/2013
Write more good god
TasteTheFreakingRainbow chapter 3 . 5/10/2012
Jen Crocker chapter 3 . 9/7/2011
Great job! I love Phantom of the Opera. And Don't Stand sSo Close To Me. :D Ha ha.
Tivaau chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
This was great - I really enjoyed it!
backtodecember chapter 3 . 7/8/2011
That was good! I chuckled at the song you inserted in. ;)
backtodecember chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
You began well. I like the slight descriptions, but mostly leaving it open for interpretation, or for later descriptions.

She's cute - so excited to be working with her hero. I can't wait to read more... Onward!
beverlyamethyst16 chapter 3 . 5/24/2011
Great :)
semperfid3lis chapter 3 . 5/11/2010
good start on the story

please update soon
EscapingEarth chapter 3 . 3/4/2009
I love that song so much XD
Fidelity394 chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
this is very good... please update soon...
CaveDwellers chapter 3 . 4/24/2008
Hey, I'm glad you had a good hand day-and the appreciation is touching.

Ha! Bourbon, cheeseburgers, and black coffee-what more do you need to live, I ask you? Yeah, that made me laugh.

And wow. Greg and Dorinne-cute, but incredibly immature. I think I thought that at the tongue-sticking part. The rest is pretty characteristic of people with good marriages. Unless it was intentional (and I'm not ruling out that possibility) to make it a little more adult-silliness

Laurel's eccentricities were a bit surprising, to say the least. Another wow moment. Grant, I don't know her very well right now, but I think running the risk of breaking an ankle is a bit too much for anybody, especially after years of separation from a teacher you got close to. She'd still want to rush, she'd still be simultaneously excited and nervous, she'd probably even be experiencing something similar to stage fright, but she wouldn't be jogging.

However, it was still a wonderfully cute chapter. The dialogue flows, you have the necessities (that is to say, limitations and things like a visitor's log in the office that the girls have to sign before going anywhere-little things like that that I notice some author's leaving out more often than not). Laurel's thoughts as she walked to the classroom were very nice, and I liked how she found it within herself to make fun of herself with a song like that. It shows personality and leniency. She's more normal and real for traits like that.

And it's nice that Greg's specific feelings are rather ambiguous-Laurel's too, for that matter. It gives some suspense that readers like. It further draws them in and serves to keep them there.

And here's looking forward to you getting better soon. :)

'Till next,