Reviews for Succumb To
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
i have tears in my eyes, the raw emotion you have just screams out of this, so powerful. so very very powerful
5by5 chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
Wow you're really talented. Loved the song :)
lymli chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
it rules! I can feel the rock energy in this,
rouquinamour chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
If this was truly a song, I would make it a little shorter. But I do like what you have so far!
Rose Valentine chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
I know the feeling of trying hard not to succumb to anger...because of all the endless rants and retorts that immature kids throw back on you. Don't worry, you're not alone. Once, I was also an outcast, being bullied everyday. But because of my willpower, I gave them a good dose of their own medicine! :)
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
I just fell silent for a moment, so it took a while to write this review. I suppose my boss isn't very pleased with me at the moment, not doing my job ;-) But this is more important at the moment. Because I want you to know, you really really really have an amazing talent! The way you wrote this...I got tears in my eyes. I can relate to it so much it hurts. And the words you chose...really amazing. The song flows around in my head, I can almost hear the melody. Which is a very rare thing for me.

I want you to know that I'm glad that I found your profile and I'm glad we can talk, I am honoured to read all this and to "know" you. You've done an amazing job, and always keep in mind: you're great the way you are!

Love, Jolien
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Eivind,

This was just... wonderful.

When I got my author alert email that you had posted up something new, I couldn't click on the link fast enough. I read it so quickly, I had to go back and read it two more times.

I finished and I had tears in my eyes. This was so beautiful, so emotionally driven, and so touching, I didn't know if I should be happy, sad, or angry. I don't think that there has ever been a poem or song or story that has made me feel all of the emotions that I felt when I read this.

Again, I sang the whole thing in my head, feeling like it was a quiet ballad that stayed soft, the entire way through, but had an unmistakable edge behind it. Something vengeful, yet sorrowful.

Thank you so much for what you said in the summary of this song. I am glad that I could help you (even in the smallest way) in your healing. I think that after a while, things will be better. In fact, I know that they will be better.

Every part of the entire song was amazing. I loved it and at the same time, I hated those people who did those things to you.

No person (especially you) would ever deserve to be treated that way. Those people did horrible things and you probably won't ever forgive them, but you should know that people do make mistakes. They are still good people, but the mistakes that they make can hurt others terribly, even make them feel broken and alone.

I hope you know that you do have "true friends", people who would never want you to feel hurt. I am thankful that I can count you as one of my "true friends".

I hope that you know that we care about you. All of us. Like WriterXO said earlier, you are the survivor, not the victim. You are using those experiences to become better and stronger. Because you have overcome all of those things that they did, you are the strong one. I know that those wounds are deep, and they sting every time you have one of those flashbacks, but you need to know that leaving them behind will allow you to grow. Not only as an author, but as a person. I hope that you are on your way to healing.

We all care about you. We all love you. You are an amazing person with an amazing soul. Through your eyes, we can see how the cruel world looks at people who are not like them. You are the voice of the people who are mistreated and abused every day in school, all over the world. I think that we can all connect to this experience, but never convey it completely in words without seeming contrived, or whiny.

Your writing is beautiful.

Your heart is beautiful.

Your soul is beautiful.

Stay strong and remember that we all love you.

All my love and thoughts,

Alera

*BIG HUG*
little-chibi-girl chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
really good! I like the repetition of the "you're wrong" parts, and the flashback really does stand out. A very emotional and powerful song, obviously, the ones from your heart usually are. :D
WriterXO chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
Wow, I honestly don't know what to say. Or more so where do I begin? haha. You wrote this poem really well and it can only be because as everyone can see you put all your heart and soul into this. I am so sorry to hear about what you went through. That is horrible and no one should ever have to experience such a thing. Yet unfortunately it happens everyday.

Just know that everyone makes mistakes. Some people learn from them and others don't. For those who don't well, you still learn something don't you? You learn to never be like them. I haven't been in your situation so I can't say it's wrong for you not to forgive them. The anger and hurt is understandable. However, everyone has that choose to be a survivor or a victum.

With this, I think you could work your way to being a survivor. And I hope you have experienced better days. God Bless You and forget those people who hurt you. They are meaningless.
Translucently Opaque chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I enjoyed this very much, and especially liked the chorus. Putting the word 'flashbacks' on a seperate line really made it stand out. Once again, really good!