Reviews for Meditations of Islam
I'mOnTheFenceBoutAUsername chapter 2 . 2/23/2011
I just love this piece! You've got everything right in here, adn I'm very glad someone as open minded as you decided to do research before make asumptions about our religion.
kake123 chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
hahaha, don't worry about people who get pissed off. i'm muslim, and i think it's great your learning about Islam. )

some people are just dumb extremists, dont listen to them )
kake123 chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
nice piece, i'm glad some things about Islam were cleared up for you (im muslim). you should visit, to learn more about islam ) despite all the stereotypes, its a very nice and peacful religion.
just awesome chapter 3 . 6/12/2010
why do u care about wht they think, it doesn't matter, some ppl r just naturally narrowminded and stubborn, never give them a second thought and if u want 2 no more a bout islam, u can come along and PM me, i'm striving to do masters about islam (basically a scholar of Islam, even though this is my first year of seven). yes, i no I'm only 14, but still, alongside school i'm doing university level of islamic education, which at the end of the course will be a masters degree complete, at least that's wht I've been told, anywayz, feel free to ask me, but erm...the reply might come late, coz for the masters degree I need to go back to boarding school tomorrow and i'm gna cum bck next month or the one after tht...sry 4 the inconvenience...

xoxo...just awesome
FunkyFlower chapter 3 . 4/19/2010
Omg, i am absolutely speechless. This was such a wonderful, inspiring essay, I truly do not know what to say. I just wish there were more people like you out there!

Haha, forget the people who piss you off... Trust me, I can relate. I'm a Muslim from the UK (born and bred here), and started my own essay series to educate others on this site about Islam... because I found that there weren't many factual essays out here. But unlike you, I was a bit of a coward, because after posting several essays, and getting insulted a million times, I thought enough was enough. My purpose was to educate others... not to start pissing everyone off, so I just relocated it to another site, and posted the link on my profile.

Alas, all I want to say is... you have the right to express your opinion. No one knows everything about a religion... even those who study Islam, or Christianity or any other religion, cannot truly know everything. I certainly don't know enough about it, and I've been a Muslim my entire life! Don't let people piss you off... you didn't write anything that I can see would offend anyone.

Anywayz, now that the advice bit's over, good luck with it all! And I hope you will continue to research religions worldwide.. after all (not to sound overly old and wise!), education is the key to understanding ;)
afra Mirza chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
I am a muslim girl, and i also believe that countries should not force girls to wear the veil/burkha. I choose to wear one, and everyone should have a choice of their own. I wanted to thank you for putting what you think out their to shed some light to others who think badly about islam.
DharmaGirl07 chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
I think that, simplistically, you have some of the main concepts down, but I also think that this is a subject well worth looking into, particularly because of chauvinistic narcissitic rhetoric being shoved down the throats of the American people on an almost daily basis. I take issue with most of what A Human Being said. Clearly, although he/she is a human being, he/she is not a humanist. Good for you for thinking outside the box and doing independent research. It's always a good thing.
BringMeDementia chapter 3 . 9/16/2009
You shouldn't listen to other people who are being negative for no reason, I think it was a cute essay if you can label an essay as cute, haha. In all seriousness though, you know quite a lot of facts and are quite open minded and that is what a writer, be they 1 or a 100 years old, need. An open mind especially. It's a wonderful short essay, well done.
MusicBender chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
ugh people are sensitive. don't worry about it, i am muslim and i am very open to other peoples ideas and thoughts about my religion so no sweat to you bud. :)

MusicBender chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
Iran has quite a bit actually you should probably look into that...

MusicBender chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
i like this, your thoughts are great. :)

One little thing you should know about the women in Islam...

women are sacred and very precious in my religion, they dress the way they do so that they are not judged by their looks and they are treated as equals to men, and because of certain vanity issues of course and since our bodies are sacred we shouldn't flaunt them for the world to see. Only one person in the world should see them at this is their husbands.

So yeah, thought I'd explain that for you. :)

asdf chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
and aso the population of muslims is 2 billion, and christians is 2.4 billion...
asdf chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
i think a human being doesn't realize what fundimental means, like most people don't realize that mac is also a pc...lol...A fundamentalism is just a stepping stone to rules and laws, it is the basic of the basic laws out their, like the jews believe in eye for an eye, islam says eye for an eye OR compensation.

eye for an eye would be the fundamental rule, while the compensation would be added to it, to enhance it, to make it better so it makes more sense...

i myself am a Muslim but the think is, as a muslim i have to both believe in the fundamentals AND the add ons...

- asdf
Jainblu chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
Hi East-0f-Eden.

I liked your essay type thing.

Just to let you know that the romanised Jesus is Isa (alayhim salam:on him be peace) in arabic.

I think your essay was quite refreshing, though gramatically there are a few details you might want to review.

take care
moongazer7 chapter 3 . 12/22/2008
You can play with metaphysics a bit more. Go in to the principals and discuss your theory/argument to why your concepts is right. This could be great, but it’s really short.