Reviews for What My Swimsuit Taught Me About Being Perfect
Dot Cubed chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
So I really really like the beginning of this. I love the image of the swimsuit and it being stiff, because she hasn't worn it in awhile. It leaves me wondering, you know, why not? And I really really love the second stanza too.

I don't know, I think the ending could be developed a bit more. It's weird to say developed with a poem, but I just sort of feel like it could be expanded on. It seems unfinished, in a way/
Shasta Valentine chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
what an honest poem.

it's very straightforward and relatable, so i cant really offer much critisim.

excellent job relating to your audience.

-sv
sharks don't sleep chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
First, I really like the title of this one. Moving on.

My favorite line is the one about fond gazes - I can just picture this and connect with it.

All in all, I think this one is once of your best poems, Amber. It has everything - it comes alive with the way you phrased things and what you said and what you left out, it is, essentially, a feeling that girls (if not anyone at all) can connect with at any time, and I think the language you used works well. It's sort of casual and that works here.

Falcon
Amethyst Lin chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Lost memories...this particular poem made me think about going back to something of my childhood and trying to accomplish the task awkwardly...and then failing.

It's like a faded dream. Well done!
Lady Glass chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Haha, oh how I can relate to this...

"Remember diving into azure waters, illuminated only

by the Californian moon?"

- That was my favorite line, if I had to pick one out, but the whole poem together paints a very real picture that I think all girls (of all ages) could relate to at some point in their life.

Keep writing!

- Lady Glass
hoperoma chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
This is similar to what I had been doing the night before. It's similar to me actually.

Except for the fact that I have extremely curly, not flat hair.

But I do wish I had straight hair quite often.

Oh the insecurities that come with being a teenager.

Ho hum.

But great poem! It's especially great when your readers can connect to it.