Reviews for Requiem Of The Doves
LadyAxe chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Oh I likes this one very much! At first I thought it was about twins, then an MPD or Schizophrenic vibe hit me...until I read your note below :-)

Was it intended as poetry? Or did you just want to write it with deliberate loose phrasing? The short lines really make the reader notice the emotions behind it.

I myself, can totally relate to this "double-face", Jekyll and Hyde state of mind. In fact, that is why my art name is so double-sided. The roses and poetry meets the Voodoo and cigars. I understand what you feel here. I so understand!
Ioga chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Interesting, I've upkept a similar internal split (strong/impatient/angry vs. kind/peaceful/weak) but I couldn't recognize it from the poem before the end author's note. Mostly phrases like 'coming closer' and 'I'll keep you safe / inside of me' turned me off the track, since to me the splits are equal and cannot contain each other (and there's no third personality ruling over them).

That's how life seems to be, if you're the kindly "good girl" day to day your brain needs a way to let off the steam; either it externalizes the aggression to a separate entity, or it has you do funky things in your sleep, and so on. The more you suppress external behaviour, the more axe-waving happens tucked away between the ears. X-)

I didn't like some of the sudden capitalizations (e.g. "Free You'll be like a bird In my love"), it seemed like there should be linebreaks but ewren't. Oh, also there were a few places where the usual paragraph break was just a linebreak, maybe an upload formatting mess-up?

Thanks for this!
heart shaped box x3 chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
...woah.

Just woah.

I loved your poem. The whole feel of it was just absolutely amazing.
Jac Bones chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Amazing poem. I sit enthralled by it.

I found it amazing in that it's kind of like a dialogue to your anger and your woe. Because, I believe, we don't feel connected to the person we are. And maybe sometimes, letters could work and solve everything...

Just amazing.