Reviews for World Chicken: How Snobs Happen
holiday road chapter 4 . 6/26/2008
[It all works out. People like Cutty do all the work and people like me are lazy and get away with it. It's like I'm training to be a CEO or something.]

lmfaoo so true, so true..

Irene is so... odd. It's great. I like the way she sees thing... like when the hand rubbed against the window "killer style" and her moving "ninja style." It's just the way she (and by association, you) describes things. She's normal but there's something undeniably weird about her.

And 'gay' is a good word because Iris somehow seems hella fine even though you barely described him, that little gross girly part of me wished they werent twins lmfao.
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 4 . 6/25/2008
Ho ho ho. And the plot thickens.

But before I continue, I must first apologize for my lack of insightful and/or motivational reviewing. I'm pretty brain-dead, but I want to write something nice (eventually), so perhaps I'll save the last one. For now, I'm merely endeavoring to boost your review count. And to let you know I'm still a fan of your writing... despite my inconsistencies.
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 3 . 6/25/2008
Dude, I'm so dumb. The page didn't finish loading. Lmao.
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 2 . 6/25/2008
Wow. What the hell am I doing here? Once, Aaron and I thought to buy some beta fish and like, let 'em loose on each other and take bets to the winner. Kinda like cock fighting minus the barbecue afterwards... But then we found out they cost like, sixty bucks a piece off the internet, plus shipping and handling. I think we ended up going out for pasta instead.

Anyway, I'm loving your main character. She seems like the kind of person I would end up (through no fault of my own) getting along with.

I read this a while back and just moseyed on over to check for an update, but sadly... :(

(That is to say, get back to work, woman.)
intenseapathy chapter 3 . 6/25/2008
Another great chapter.

That Paul kid reminds me of my little brother... except my brother has found the function on his PSP that actually lets him talk to other players during a game. It's funny to watch. Anyway, next chapter, here I go.

-S.
intenseapathy chapter 2 . 6/25/2008
Probably the most (insert modern slang here: killer, epic, sick...) first chapter I have read in a long time on this site. Your character has pretty much drawn me in and locked me up; I adore her nonsensical qualities, and the style you write her in is captivating. Well, not much more to say other than: on to the next chapter!

-S.
CandleQueen chapter 5 . 6/25/2008
rofl, Paul just randomly pops up.

Yay, nice twist. I thought the girls might belong to La Cerva. ;)The ending was nice, and I didn't pick up on any spelling errors.

Let Them Eat Cake chapter 5 . 6/25/2008
"Smugass smugly cat." I LOVE that line! I see a little more of a plot coming out, so I'll be patient still! :D I liked this chapter and I'm interested to see what's going to happen. Jesse-Irene or La Cervical Cancer-Irene. Suspense! Update soon, por favor! :D

-Kay (Let Them Eat Cake) (Sorry I'm not really noticing any error in spelling or whatever. I'm reading this for fun because it's just a very funny story! :D)
CandleQueen chapter 4 . 6/24/2008
"Though... Iris has his days he's icy as Antarctica, and it's a little more scary than him being affectionate." Put a "when" between "days" and "he's".

The last sentence was a little...random, maybe?

I really like Iris so far. Seems like an interesting character, indeed. And I enjoyed the whole katana bit.

Let Them Eat Cake chapter 4 . 6/24/2008
That's a slightly bizarre thought... I like Iris. He seems pretty darn awesome! Just visiting his sister in the middle of the night? I'm lucky if my brother notices me in the morning! Interesting chapter. I just don't know where this story is going. But you probably have some fantastic plan, so I'll wait for it. :D

-Kay (Let Them Eat Cake)
CandleQueen chapter 3 . 6/22/2008
Love it so far. XD I really enjoy her narrating, and the writing style is ideal for the story, I think.

No grammatical errors so far, but then again, my grammar isn't all that wonderful. '

Update soon, please.

murderprotocol chapter 3 . 6/18/2008
Holy shit, Joan, you updated! I cannot tell you how long I've waited for this. And how hard can it be to write? It's brilliant. Honestly, I should learn to review better, but I'm just going to fangirl, because I love this, I do.

I totally want to be able to write like this. All you characters, as crazy as they might be, are so incredibly real they could be breathing and sitting right beside me, telling me to fix my face - which, by the way, is one of the best comebacks ever.

The description of Paul was just marvellous, Iris is damn cool, I'm already in love with Cutty and Lana - LOL. That stuff about Boyz II Men is true, though.

And I love that although it may seems like a lot of random events thrown together, it all flows. It all makes sense. Joan, I love you, I do. Don't you dare stop writing ever.

I'll shut up now and bask in your glow while I do my own writing. :)
holiday road chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
I love Irene. She's really herself (and not, at least to me, in that I'M A RAWKER way). It's so easy to read about characters that don't have to do much but still don't bore you. The way she interacts with people is disturbingly believable and the things she does are sort of far out, but not far out to the point where it's like "WTF THAT AIN'T REAL!"

I'm not gonna lie, I can barely stand girls that aren't normal in almost ALL FP work. They piss me off with their "hey, remember, I ain't normal!" so I ignore those stories, or open them but am immediately turned off by the loong, drawn out description of her and all her internal dialogue about how she's different or, even worse, how it opens with her being transfered to a place with 'preppy' (AKA normal) people. If you're a weirdo then, by all means, BE WEIRD! Don't rub it in my face! And I'm only on the second chapter but I can already tell that Irene isn't some typical weirdo. Hell, she's probably not even a weirdo, that's just my lack of an extensive vocabulary and dependence on thesaurus[es][i].

[He doesn't come out to meet me while he's still in school, as if he thinks I'll catch his genius germs and light things on fire, too.]

LMFAO see? She's witty but she's not a nutty bitch! This isn't real, is it?

[Who else hates Boys II Men but a black people hater, right?...These things are merely a facade for the pure, Boys II Men-hating evil that exists deep within the bowels of her Anglo-Saxon soul.]

LMFAO AGAIN JEEZ

By the way, you spelt Jessie's name different here in this chapter than last (or at least somewhere in there you spelt it "Jesse"). Just a heads-up. And, in case one is for boys and the other is for girls, I'd lean towards "Jesse" because of that dude from Full House.

And I love Paul already.

So... yeah, I'm loving this and... yeah... Paul's awesome.

D
Let Them Eat Cake chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
Classic. That's all I have to say. C-L-A-S-S-I-C. This is random, but not at the same time. AN INCREDIBLE FEAT! Irene is brilliant. I'm loving it! UPDATE SOON, POR FAVOR!

D

Kay (Let Them Eat Cake)

(QUESTION: What kind of name is Cutty? Hahaha!)
Dot Cubed chapter 2 . 4/25/2008
I love it already, haha. Your main character is so funny and so believable-and I laughed so hard at her brother telling her the fish had already died. And the tie dye in the bathtub! Haha, I really love Art. He's hilarious and I hope he shows up more!

What I think I really love about this piece is how honest it is. Like most stories you see are like eloquent with flashy dialogue and pinkies in the air, you know, slightly pretentious, and this is just so real. You really write like the environment and I absolutely love it.

Anyway, awesome start and I can't wait to read more soon.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »