Reviews for Secrets
mangatake chapter 6 . 3/30/2013
I adore you for writing - and more importantly, sharing - this. Thank you very much, it was one of the most enjoyable and moving reads I've had in a long time. Looking forward to more of your work.
ToraOkami303 chapter 6 . 2/28/2012
I love the whole thing :D though i will admit for most of the story i was screaming at Katie to just tell the truth, every time something happened that's the first thing i said "Katie, TELL HIM THE TRUTH"

This is just beautiful and I'm probably going to read it a million times and cry at parts every time
indraairavata chapter 6 . 5/10/2011
This story is AMAZING! It had me utterly entranced from start to finish. At times I caught myself almost crying or grinning with anticipation and delight! This story is so going on my favorites list.
prrina chapter 6 . 4/12/2011
Oh god. I cried the entire way through. It was like;

'sad bit'...*sniffle*... *Dry eyes*... *sniffle*...*sniffle*...*sniffle, sniffle, sniffle*... *dry eyes* and then the process was repeated. Again and again. Damn it.

I'm guessing this was intended?

Holy shit, this was just Wow.

The only things that I had problems with was the lack of Philip's character development and the mention, but not explanation of David's past. Maybe this was on purpose, but I think that it gave off 'uncomplete vibes'. (: aside from those two points, I think you should be incredibly proud of this absolutely amazing (and emotionally saturated) story of yours. Well done
Lazuli Shadow chapter 6 . 2/5/2011
This is NOT a good story to read when you have already-watery eyes from a cold. Eventually, you can't see.

But of course Phillip was going to wake up. With David depending so completely on him, how could he not?
blackrose214 chapter 6 . 1/27/2011
O.O That was incredible. I could feel Davids despair and anguish, his pain and Richards worry and compassion, Kathys jealousy and Eircs obliviousness. Its a wonderful story and one I wont forget. In fact, I think it will be one of those Ill never tire of rereading. You really are skilled at writing. Ihope Illread more from you soon!
AmShe256 chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
lol. Someone told you that they hated you for this? I will admit that it is sad that he died, but I would expect that someone would want to read on and find out what happens with David.
rjaldi chapter 6 . 6/29/2010
A very good story, in and of itself. Unfortunately, I can't NOT compare it to the regency version...and I don't like it as well. The characters aren't quite the same, although their circumstances are similar. This story is much, much darker, which I know some people enjoy but I shy away from. Not that it was bad, but knowing the lighter regency version I much prefer that. Of course, the regency story couldn't be considered light...still has the rape, the violent beatings, plus the angst from sodomy being illegal.

I think the thing I missed the most was Philip's presence...his actual, physical presence...in the story. The phantom of him helped to keep him "alive", for which I'm grateful otherwise I think it would have been darker. Also, I really don't like Katie in this version. While David is on the road to forgiveness, I'm not sure that I can agree with that; her actions were horrible, and like David said, two years and she didn't unbend once, plus she all but abandoned Philip in the hospital. No more visits after a few months (I assume), just left him there to collect dust/rot. To me, that is somewhat cold, and doesn't show the love and affection that she claims to feel for him.

I do love the character of Richard, who I don't think was from the original story...unless he was the patient who killed that lecherous doctor and himself. His friendship and insight made David's depression more bearable for me.

Overall, a good story, although I sort of wish it didn't involve these 2 characters...I loved them in the regency story, and while I like them here, the situation is very different, and I think their characters are different enough to make them separate. I can't help but color and compare this story with the other...
J.L. Hastings chapter 6 . 6/19/2010
*sniffles* I loved it. That's all I can say. XD
Mia chapter 6 . 4/26/2010
Wow. Just... Wow. I was literally in tears trough most of it. Great, great, great! I was so glad you didn't pass to the ''i'm in denial but i'm in love with someone new and i feel like i've betrayed him'' theme. You gave me a scare with the whole eric thing. Brilliant. Sorry for the late review;)
Marlyse chapter 6 . 2/14/2010
Oh my! The Angst! Chapter 5 was especially unbearable. Poor poor David and poor poor Eric. Truly you were breaking my heart with what you made them go through. I was talking to Eric in my mind telling him every mistakes he was doing and seeing David go worse and worse and… ugh, it was really awful. But so well written. Truly magnificent if I may say so. I'm so glad it ended well though, after that fifth chapter I was worried that Phillip would have no one to wake up to. It also made me want to re-read Legend of Emerald even though I have thousand of things to do for school and I'm not even starting on all the rest…
Temp chapter 6 . 11/13/2009
Bwah that was just beautiful, poor david :( I'm glad he got his happy ending. Definitly my favorite of your stories :)
Chibko chapter 6 . 3/15/2009
That was a truly emotional trip.. and David's slipping grasp on sanity was really palpable... Even though I was merely an "observer" I felt like I was also losing grip on reality.

I kept hoping Philip would wake up, walk right in and save the day. But of course things weren't fine even after he came back. :)

This story's conclusion was very satisfying to read and the whole buildup towards it made it worth the while.
Liveya chapter 6 . 1/21/2009
Oh My God. This story and each chapter are all filled with so much pain and so much emotion it kills me.
sanityinquestion26 chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
I can't say my review will merit half as much as the reviews of those who do write on this site, but this story was just gorgeous. Obviously, the whole crux of the story was David falling apart and everyone else handling it with far, far too little care, but you managed to capture that so beautifully that even if it was painful and terrible it was still so, so managed to describe the pain he was in with such detail that I couldn't help but feel angry at everyone else(except Richard) for underestimating its depth. I liked that even though David had been raped (that, I didn't like), his grief was never about that, but about that gaping hole Phillip had left, because it wasn't really about the evil that had been done to him. I mean, obviously David was a victim, but you didn't go on stating that redundantly, you *showed* that, which is a hurdle that most people who write Angst can't seem to overcome.

Also, I believe you captured David's anger toward Katie spot-on towards the end (and mine, as well actually), because he deserved to be angry, and I liked how he didn't forgive her immediately, because quite frankly she didn't deserve to get off that lightly, whatever her reasons for deceiving him were.

Sorry about the long review, especially how conspicuously empty it was of any constructive criticism, but I honestly didn't see anything wrong, at all, with this story. Its not so much feedback as adulation, but you wanted reviews! :)