Reviews for I Have Not Known Regret
Just As I Am chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Oh, my. I am shaken and humbled by the sheer power, the intensity of this poem that reached out and claimed me before I knew what was what. The title threw me off completely. I thought this would be a seeking poem, questioning and looking for the answer to regret, to guilt. Boy was I wrong! "I have not known regret/It was never so simple for me."

The devastation and horror, the violence even, enthralled me so much because it calls to my own unshakeable, all-consuming guilt, a morass of regrets, weaknesses, and failures accumulated in a lifetime. I understand "A wall of failure stretching back as far as thought/Looming all about me/Crushing me down to nothing." I understand, too, "Myopic eyes, magnify my distended sense of guilt/While I sense more beyond this reality/Its visceral impact always leaves me blind to the light/Beyond this pain." These powerful, evocative descriptions feel like a pure reflection of my own knotted emotions; I don't just relate, I want to claim them. Thank you.

In short, I am just in awe. In awe of your talent and your grasp of language. You wield it with ease and fearlessness, like a second arm. Your poetry is always a pleasure to read; I often find myself tasting the words aloud, delighting in each caress, each thrum, and thinking to myself, THIS is exactly what language was made for!
karone-sakura chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
I really liked it. I've always enjoyed reading your work. Keep up the great work! Ciao for now.

Karone
BalletManiac chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
OMG! This is amazing! Its going on my favs!

The part I liked most was:

'Too clear to be forgotten

Too painful to be forgiven

I have to remember'

-Its so true and so simply put its awesome!

I also liked:

'A wall of failure stretching back as far as thought

Looming all about me

Crushing me down to nothing

A place of oppressive and numbing silence

Save for the echoes of a single word,

Unforgiven.'

- Its just so good I dont know what to say! Especially that first line. Its really deep.

I seriously liked the poem. All of it not just parts of it. You have great description btw.