Reviews for I Am
eamane tinuviel chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
i love how you used different figures of literature, mythology, etc. and described their key characteristics.

very clever because it adds to your message.

i think you might have overused parallel structure in your last few lines (I am seldom understood/I am seldom misunderstood...)

but overall,

beautiful poem )
groovi-gal-numba1 chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
wow ok when i first read this i was there thinking "what?" but you summed it up brilliently at the end

everything in this had a point - every line had meaning - which i love! i can't stand reading stupid poems with words put in there so that it rhymes

I am seldom understood

I am seldom misunderstood

i love that line

anyway - very good, i can definetly relate. good work :)
mate.feed.kill.repeat chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
This is an intriguing and beautiful piece. It is raw with emotion and simply a great piece. I like how you started out with characters from plays and such, then evolved to more general statements-the Wind, the Wtich-and finally finished with yourself.

If I had written it (which I obviously haven't), I probably would've separated each "I am" statement into its own stanza. It would read more logically for my mind, but I like how you have it as all one piece. Hmm.

Really, this is a beautiful piece. Great write.

-stix-
AnyaRei chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
Ohh I like this one very much!

The best part is...Well I love the whole poem!

Just one ques...

The Artemis...?Do you refer on Artemis the greek goddess or Artemis Fawl?I love the books...

For The review Game...

L.B.
SickButPretty chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I liked some parts of this poem. It has a really quick pace, lively style. I don't like the end line for some reason, I guess it has been said before so seems a bit cliche. "My loneliness is my independence." Good line, know what you mean.
Hoodwynk chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
In a concept, we in the English language do acompass Everything in the terms of one word. But isn't it really a concept; split by time and circumstances; but really only one thing; on concept? Just a thought.

I like the poem, esp. about Wind and Everything, as I haven't gotten around to MacBeth yet. Nice descriptions of charies.