Reviews for Avery
CuriousContradiction chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
I always thought I was weird because everyone in my class hated "To Kill a Mockingbird" but I couldn't put it down until I finished it, and even after I put the book down, I was still thinking about it. It really does give a lot of important messages and things to think about. You're definitely great at conveying emotion. You also have a way of phrasing things just right. I'm not sure how to explain it. Your sentences just somehow always end on the right spot without being too long or too short. Good flow. :)
Alteng chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Ihave never read 'To Kill a Mockingbird', but I can tell this is a carefully written story with a lot of meaning to it. It brought up Avery's hopes to dash them in the end. The change of her name back to Avery was a wonderful show of wanting her mother back or aspiring more to her mother again.

Like another story that I am reading, I find it really odd that she thinks of her father as Stan, and she calls him that. I can see some logic in this if she is adopted, but I never called my parents by their names, it was always 'mom'. My dad was never around since my folks were divorced, but that is neither here nor there.
Narq chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
oh. So the father busted it in the end... but Avery grew... This was a wonderfuly story of growth and finding oneself. You wrote it suberbly!

Narq.
blurrylights chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
I love how in all your stories, they end right after the climax and before the conclusion. This story was beautifully written, and made me feel like something was missing in my own life, oddly enough. I especially liked the last line, where she went back to using her real name. Kind of like a wake up call.

I haven't read To Kill A Mockingbird, but i will definitely check it out.
Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
It was a sad story. The ending packed a punch. Nice work. Keep writing.

Good luck with writing, this story, and life. Have a great day.

~Twilight Starr~