Reviews for Cobra Venom
Reykjavikblossoms chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
this is one of the cheesiest poems I have ever read. Fantasy poems should be comical or so serious you can notice a sardonic tone. Instead of taking yourself seriously, why don't you just write an idiotic, fun poem?
Abel Articulate chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I really liked the part where you said, "With a judicious leer she delights in her devastation." I thought that this particular line really set the tone for the rest of the piece and you can see that this isn't a typical love poem. I thought it was very powerful and you have a great ability to get your message across without watering down your content. Good work! I'll definitely have to read more of your work in the future.

I didn't find anything that I disliked, but also I don't write too much poetry. I found it very entertaining though.
Alexander Willing chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
Wonderful! This has great wording, and it speaks to me on a deeper level than usual because I've been a victim of a woman with serpentine qualities...Anyway, would you see my recent two poems? "The Red Hat" and "Uncut" are the titles. I would also like to join the staff of your community forum, 'Life's Journey'. How might that be possible? Again, "Cobra Venom" is something else!

-Alexander Will
radioactive stanica chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
I just updated it. I thought about all your reviews and I did some editing for these poems. Thanks so much for all of your help.
Jesse the Storyteller chapter 2 . 4/19/2008
I like the two last lines, and like the phrase "condescending sigh."

This line - "for we are rotten to our core." is really cheesy. These are demons. Why would they say that? I see them as being far more bad-ass than that.

And - "Bleed her dry to there is no more," don't you mean 'til there is no more?

Also - "We'll burned down.." burn?

"The yelled and.." they?

I also like "Sending superfluous chills of fright".. I like that you used big words in the midst of the poem. It gives it class.

-Jesse

Behold the review marathon! (Link in profile)
Jesse the Storyteller chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
This is an interesting poem. I really like the ending. :D

"Wooing, bending, breaking his concentration / As she slithers into his heart a breaking"

You said breaking twice in these two lines and it kind of ruins the effect. :( Maybe find another word for "breaking his concentration"?

I like the imagery of "the flames lace her face"

but... "Destruction smolder in her eyes" shouldn't that be smolder[s]?

-Jesse
surrealphobia chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
You're back!

Wow I was wondering if you were ever going to come back and write more. This poem had such and androgonous feel to it. It was feral but I loved it. It was sensual but dangerous. So many contradictions and feelings, whew. I can't even say how much I love it! Great work as always and best of luck.

Surreal
Azena Kira chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
First off, personally I think I would change the title... Take Her out of it. Honestly I think it would sound better if it was just 'Snake Charms.'

I liked the rhyming. It really worked well with the poem.

The only line I think I had a problem with was "As she slithers into his heart a breaking." The '...a breaking' part seemed a little stretch in my opinion. Like, it seems as if you had a problem coming up with it, you know?

Other than that I really liked the poem. It was really good. Keep writing.

Azena