Reviews for The Forest Weeps
angels know the rest chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
What a lovely poem! My favorite stanza is the first, and I could feel sympathy for the trees. Punctuation might help me know how to read it, though. In the last two stanzas, the rhymes felt forced, but flowed especially well in the first stanza.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Review Game!

I like the personification of nature because it was really interesting and well done. However, I think though, a lot of the wording sounded really awkward. I think its because of making it rhyming, but to me rhyming isn't as important as a poem that flows well. But I really do like the idea behind it.
Katenheimer chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
I really like this- the language is really beautiful. I've never been one for analyzing poetry, so I'm not going to try for this one, since I might mess it up. But I like it-it's very foreboding and cautionary. Well done.
romance at short notice chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I can't pick out a single line that I like best, because you've written your poem in my favorite format. It's not so much the composition of the stanzas as the compostion of the words, if you know what I mean.

It's got to flow perfectly. And with this, each line clicked into place in my mind. If I had to pick, I think I liked the first stanza the best.

Keep it up!

r sn.
Hoodwynk chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Duality of life? Beauty and sorrow? I like the incorperation of nature and *English class word* personification. Pretty...
Hail the Warrior chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
Thanks for the review of my piece.

The fourth stanza is done well. Good job!
Tranquil Thorns chapter 1 . 4/12/2008
I like the images here, though I'm not sure I understand every stanza.

The third one in particular confused me a bit. The meadow laughs at the slaughter of a newborn calf? Hm. Maybe you can explain your meaning here?