Reviews for A Heart's Tears
Sugarloafin chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
First off I like how this begins with her on Valentine's day then transitions to her recounting her (non) romantic past. It's a good way to put the backstory of this character in a frame of her own perspective and at the same time keeps it interesting and less like an information dump onto the reader.

The only thing I didn't enjoy as well was that I could empathize with your character, but not sympathize with her. I've been through similar lonely times, but somehow I just can't relate to her. She's drowning in misery and not a little self pity (with good reason certainly) but doesn't seem to do much about fixing it. Yes she's hurting and lonely, and praying for love, but prayers aren't going to bring people to her door. This is simply my own opinion, and on the whole I think this is a wonderful piece of writing. And just for the record, I've never liked Valentine's day much either :)
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Well, the boy sounds too ideal to be true. Otherwise, this is an excellent piece, full of raw emotions. My favourite phrase is "the tension hidden behind her flimsy smile".
the ignorance of it all chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Beautifully written, though very sad. I was expecting an overly romantic happy ending, which made the actual ending... well, UNexpected.

Very well done. )
Harmonic Discord chapter 1 . 5/20/2008
Ouch. This really struck a chord... I can totally, totally empathize with her situation. (Even more bizarre... I've been homeschooled for most of my life, too.) Very beautifully written; you capture her emotions incredibly well. I can see why you won that award. This definitely deserves it.

Minor nitpick-

Finally, after three months, she was finally no longer seeing his face in her dreams, tormenting her constantly. - Overuse of "finally"

(On a side note, was reading your profile and I totally sympathize with the AP thing. Took six last year, which was not a smart decision in retrospect. Oh well. It was interesting... to say the least... and you're done now, right?)
Cashaholic chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
oh god, this is too sad. ( But really real. Well done, you!

x. Cashaholic