Reviews for Learning To Breathe
Liebe Dance chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
I like this. The anger and emotion are really strong. There isn't ambiguity really, which is good in this case. The first stanza is a little confusing, I think due to the order of the lines or something. I'd maybe switch the last two lines of it so it reads more fluently. Also, if you maybe eliminate some of the "be" verbs by changing words from the gerend to the present tense (ex: trying so hard to be understanding - trying so hard to understand)

I really really like the third stanza (And, God damn it, I'm not yelling / I'm trying to make sense to you...)
Solstice Of Light chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
I normally dislike swearing immensly, but I have to say, that bit kicked me right where it hurts most :p

SoL
Singing After Dark chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
beautiful and striking imagery really. love the last of it because the iris is the colored part of the eye, and it makes me think of that. like the rise in tension at the "yelling" and though profanity is not what I usually support in poetry, it works very well here. Not that I'm a wack-job who doesn't cuss or anything. I just feel like normally it's a filler, but you use it quite well. congrats. if you get a chance check out my latest. wondrous as always.