Reviews for Pages of Nothing
Ezio. The Sentinel chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Stix!

I haven't read some of your things in a while, and, honestly, I was beginning to feel like I was missing something. Basically, I was missing reading some darn good poetry! This poem just might be my favorite out of all of yours. I love how well you write down your feelings so easily. It's no picnic when parents fight. Honestly, I was happy when mine divorced. Sometimes its easier that way. But who said life had to be easy? Your "friends" laughed, huh? You need some better friends, Stix. Are they the same ones you wrote about in "Waiting"? You're right though, when you say you'll get tougher. Keep it up, my friend. The words will heal the wounds faster. As always, love your words. Keep it up, I'm addicted to your stuff.

No worries,

Thermite
lymli chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
this poem makes me sad, I mean, my mom left me when I was 4 but I don't know if I must hate her by the way.

this poem makes me think about "it" touching.
ContemplativeJoyce chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
I wish that too.

Maybe she does love you though.. just doesn't show it.

That's how I feel with my mom too.

I feel like she doesn't care.

And it just leaves me with this cold feeling that I lost her yet she's still there.

But I agree with you dearly on that one one line-

"what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger."

Great job on this. It was wonderfully written.. better than anything I could write about my 'mother'.
Jennifer chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
To me, this isn't something that I would post. It's to personal. But, i love it non-the-less. Everytime my mom would fight with my step-dad, she always packs her stuff up in our car and goes off. So i have to remind her that if she leaves, i don't have a home. So she stays.

This poem makes me love me momma more. Thank you for posting this up. It's beautiful.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
the short lines make it seem like you (or the narrator) is gasping it out, which is all the more effective for the message. raw and real, great work.
Rock Music is my Muse chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Wow. As the daughter of a man with severe bilpolar disorder, I understand how hard it can be sometimes.

-Alex
Tetelestai chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
This was really well written.

I can't personally relate to it, but I can feel the pain you (or the poem's narrator) is in.

I think the worst thing is not knowing. I think it would be better knowing a mother loves her child but not showing it, or even the mother blatantly disliking her child. The fact that she's still staying and hasn't left must be so confusing for everyone.

Good job on this!
sweets555 chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
sweetie...I'm sure your mother loves you. How could she not? You're a great person, even if you make mistakes sometimes.

The only other thing I'm going to say is, sometimes people don't know the consequences of their actions. Or their would-be actions.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I'm sorry. But your poem did an excellent job of conveying your emotions.
casi chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
your mom does love you, trust me she does. And even if she had left that day, she would have come back, a mother cant just leave her family, her only daughter, and her sons. Your family will always love you no matter what.

and so will i,

casi
deletethisaccountplease9 chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
*wipes away tear* oh baby she does love you back! That I promise you. I would go on to cite the numerous biological reasons but that might ruin the moment. You cant honestly wish that she had left. That WOULD have just killed you faster. Your friends sound like real bastards btw... Im sorry you have to deal with that.