Reviews for Cold Turkey
Guest chapter 9 . 4/15/2015
Seriously?
chocovic-chu chapter 22 . 4/8/2015
Ow. Actually, I want more chapters. Haha.
Nice story even though I wanted to bash Thom's stubborn head so badly . . .
Thanks for sharing.
L.Nik9 chapter 9 . 12/30/2014
I just want to say that I'm a biologist, and this line, about the bacterias having sex in the petri, was so damn funny, that it just make my day! :D
Ishotthealbatross chapter 22 . 12/23/2014
I love this story so much! Wish there was a sequel :(
TunglMed chapter 22 . 10/10/2014
Love it. Very original and good descriptions and writing style - and I love stories based at universities! (sorry, that's a little irrelevant) Thanks a lot ;)
raenbows.and.unicorns chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
I've never read a story with so much matured description and full vocabulary. I like that it's not your typical "happy ending" story or emo-drama slash. Very well done and unique. There's no way someone would be able to plagiarize it! ;-)
Kirihime chapter 22 . 7/23/2014
I love them I much as I freakin hate them. They are so beautifully flawed and it's amazing. Freakin amazing story. This is monumental. I don't think I've gotten emotional this way about a story. This emotion while it stills puts tears in my eyes isn't sad like usual and I thank you for that. I sound so cheesy.
Anonymous chapter 22 . 7/13/2014
*after 5 years* I need a sequel! I literally died at that ending! Ur such a tease! Couldn't you have ended on a more complete and... I don't know... Satisfying note?
*pouting in a corner*

Anyway... Now that's said... I really love ur story! Keep on writing!
Zoicite23 chapter 2 . 5/6/2014
This doesn't read like a normal story. There's more telling than showing, but I'm still enjoying it.
Krimsyn chapter 22 . 1/4/2014
Pretty much felt like a 22 chapter pissing contest. Their games got a bit old after awhile, but I liked the character's personalities (other than their games).
Guest chapter 22 . 12/26/2013
Perfect ending.
KatzLite chapter 16 . 11/22/2013
The two of them just make me so angry. As much as they love/hate each other, in anything that they do they try to outdo each other. Really well-written fic. Can't wait to see how this ends. I sort of feel like it will end happily but after what Evan did I don't want them to be together anymore. Not sure how I feel about this development...
Mandy S. Bryan chapter 22 . 11/13/2013
Good story
MileyRowling chapter 22 . 11/11/2013
I loved this!
Rosie chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
Hey! I'm Rosie from a website called A Drop of Romeo and we've reviewed your story! Fantastic work. Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: Thom Oliver has a history of using people - he'd draw them in, sleep with them, then ditch them, all because he was lonely and wanted a connection to the world, as well as having a few lingering issues from a past boyfriend. The story takes place when he's up to the six month mark of not using anyone for a one night stand and he's beginning to struggle, all because of Evan Llewellyn's perfect body. He also sees himself in Evan - the loneliness and the preying on others.

Thom really can't stand Evan at the beginning while simultaneously being strongly attracted to him. Thom thinks that Evan is completely fake and utterly vain, making it his job to be as gay as possible and flaunt it in everybody's faces - something that Thom is firmly against. Thom is not your every day protagonist. He's rude, irritable, has a few issues, isn't a very reliable narrator, the list goes on. And yet somehow I still really liked him. He has a habit of over-analysing every single thing and I think Zebbie portrayed this really well. I am a bit bias, however, as I love all of Zebbie's stories and think she does an amazing job at characterisation.

This story was filled with drama that sent my emotions on a roller coaster. I found the plot and the characters to be utterly original and a refreshing change to some of the stereotypes you see in slash stories. It is very narrative heavy at times - what with all of Thom's over analysation - which can make it look intimidating but the monologue gives a great insight into his mind and the way he thinks. Plus, it's pretty funny. There were a lot of funny and witty one-liners, but my favourite has to be: "It's like Queer as Folk went to Candy Land via Japan and puked up his personality."

As for mistakes, there aren't many spelling/punctuation errors but I did find that there were some words omitted. However, it was rare and didn't break up the flow of the story too much. Other than that, it was incredibly well-written with some beautiful worded scenes. And I honestly really loved the ending. I've become fairly jaded with endings and always skim over them due to the extreme corniness of many of them. However, in 'Cold Turkey', there was drama right up until the finish and the ending was low-key and perfect for the characters.
677 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »