Reviews for The Fireman
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I have mixed feelings about the ending. I like it because it is so true. I dislike it because I can't believe after letting people die you would be ok with saying oh well everyone dies someday. Anyhow I like the descriptions of the situation in the rest of the piece.

PS if you're bored today check your the Review Game and its Review Marathon (link in my profile)
Kiwi-kiwi6 chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Interesting poem. It painted a picture from the fireman's point of view. Good job.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
you're vividly descriptive. it reminds me of the firemen I know.
Peanuts Factory chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
The ending caught me off guard.:)

It's true, but we all hope..
Esther Jade chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Review game!

I liked the opening. I thought it had a lot of impact. I also liked the lines "fire burnt,.../...high". I thought you put in some nice rhythm at that point.

I thought there could have been more structure to frame the development of the poem. It might be a good idea to put stanzas is. In the third to last line, I thought the "anyway" disrupted the rhythm in the line a bit. It just didn't sound quite right.
Glowing Aura chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Wow. That was sad, I think I got a little misty-eyed. I don't think I could ever take a job such as that. Not only am I a pryophobic, but I what I fear more...well, it's what this poem is all about.
Starleaf chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
wow, i really liked this. especially the last two lines. i can only imagine how hard it would be to not be able to save lives, especially when its your job.. :\

Really good job with this one. I honestly don't have anything I'd change about it.
Edensong chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
A little morbid and very sad. Nice use of description. Subtle but clever rhyming, I didn't notice the ABAB sequence until the second group. Keep writing!
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 4/19/2008