Reviews for As the Corpse Rots
P-123456789 chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
It's like man confronts death, sitting beside you in the car, casually taking lives when it suits him. And you're powerless to stop him/it.

First off, your use of the present-tense heightens the starkness of the piece, which I like. Also, the whole story has a mystical feel to it. And the dialects help reinforce that I think.

I look foward to reading more of your works!
shadesmaclean chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Very intriguing, but, aside from the formatting glitches CTK pointed out, the beginning is a little muddled. At first I thought it was a conversation about what somebody saw, then skipping without any apparent transition, and the formatting glitches farther down didn't help. If I have this right, a character is describing what he saw to an officer right before he drives off in pursuit of it, right? Otherwise, things get more interesting the farther he drives into the desert, though the ending kinda leaves you hanging.

-neko
Cardboard Tube Knight chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
There are some formating errors, the two boxes about midway down being the most easily spotted. There is a But that needs capitalization right below that. And I found it hard to tell when people were taking at the start because you seemed to use the single apostrophe other than the quotation. Otherwise its good, although I wonder will there be more of this?