Reviews for The Soldier
SEMMU chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I'm sure "TOMORROW" has long passed; however, I'm sure your teacher was thrilled with you unique creative expression.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
I don't know how ballads are supposed to be, but it seems like it would work as a dramatic monologue. (But are monologues supposed to be in paragraphs, rather than stanzas? Just a thought.)

The language and imagery used in this piece are wonderfully evocative, complex without being incomprehensible. Excellent work.

The only thing I didn't like was the double-spacing; I think it would look better single-spaced, but that's just minor.

.Adrian.
Misstress Nicole chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
I don't know if you can pass this off as a Ballad so I'll say a DM. I like the line: I can't keep tallying Death on my arm. It speaks to me. It's not really long, it's a good length. It has a ryhthm of it's own that flows as beautifully as the words written before me.

I have mixed feelings on the lines that repeat with no spaces. On one hand I understood what you were going for but on the other it rather annoys me. It's like a dramatic mantra. A repeated action literally repeated.