Reviews for The Aftermath
jake Chan chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Wow, this is sad. I like it, even though I feel like the beginning is a little long. But the conversation with the two teachers is very good. You put in some nice character development too, w/Tom Watson mostly. This story is pretty thought-provoking! Good job!
Narq chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Yeah, I think similarly as well. It's stupid to commit suicide, thinking no-one will miss you... your family.. friends... even people who you don't think will miss you actually care.

Students think teachers don't care, but they actually do! I'm not one, but I've seen plenty teachers show their devotion to students, and I'd say, they wouldn't love their students less than their own child. Maybe differently, but never less.

They care... because, in a way, they made who you are.

(i'm rambling off... i'm sorry, but this is a really nice piece of work!)

Narq.
blurrylights chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Everyone is always telling me that I should be a teacher, since I'm good at explaining things. But I never really wanted too. For one, I get too attached...I would never be able to let my kids go. This story was really well written, and definitely proved a point.

Congratulations on the SkoW nomination!
fairies and snapple chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
I never really thought about if my teachers ever wondered about me, but now I will...

The end really ties it all together. I know that it's sad (and trust me, too sad is so not my thing), but it makes it all fit and blend and meld just right. I especially like the irony of how at first she's (humorously) contemplating killing her students, then it actually happens, and, well...

And now I really wonder if teachers have politics just like high school. Hm. You certainly got me thinking.
Darkness.Is.Energy chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Really good, but really sad.
Lostskins chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
This was a very well written piece. It is always interesting to think about what teachers think about students, how much they care. This was very believable and flowed well. It also showed the readrer that one person can change someones state of mind, at least for a little while. I really enjoy this.
Graceful Bells chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
I really enjoyed this story. It's an interesting idea, what teachers think about their students and what they become.
Bazooka Joy chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
I know this is a serious piece but "Opening her pint of ice cream, she contemplated the several ways of killing them." made me lol. But beside that, I've never really thought about teachers and what they feel for us students. To most of us we just see them as emotionless instructors who show up just to do their job then move on when the day ends. Made me think about all my past teachers/professors I've had somewhat of a connection with and wonder whether they still think about what I have become in the years since. Anyways, long review but I enjoyed this a lot. I should thank YOU for writing it and making me think.