Reviews for To Take the Steak
Caecilia chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Okay, one thing that caught my eye before I even started reading- at the top of the story, where it says the title? Well, it has the title once, then again in bold. Pretty sure you only want the bold one.

[I re-emphasis my status] 'emphasis' should be 'emphasize'

Cute story. Very interesting view. It's short, but I really like it. Very simple, but very very very good writing.

Amazing job.

Caecilia. The Roadhouse
FuckMeAlice chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Oh. Wow. You're really good at this. I totally feel for the narrator.

This story reminds me of that scene in Rear Window, where he's watching that girl have the date for two, talking and laughing to thin air and pouring some wine for her 'guest'. Very poignant, indeed.
Charactarantula chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Your take on American culture is pretty interesting, and very true for the most part.

"Something that sets me apart from them, with the whining children and the too-tight suits concealing rolls of insecurity." Is a perfect description of what you see at your ordinary grocery store.

At first I wondered if there was a point to the story when I reached the end, but thinking about it, the simplicity of the story really just contributes to a lot of the ideas you mentioned earlier with the lack of interaction between people.

Also, the joke about The Shrine of Heinz and the "dual deities of Pre-Packaged Lunches and Plastic-Wrapped Sugar" was hilarious. Good work.

-Jake (down the roadhouse)