Reviews for A Girl Named James: Grow up or Go Home
Spacy-Book-Nerd chapter 15 . 3/10/2011
Aw. I'm gonna miss reading about James, and I've only been reading about James for two days... I might end up going through James withdrawl this can't be good.
witeaya chapter 15 . 12/4/2010
i really really like the prequel but this story?im in love with it.

u've matured a lot in writing and it shows. the story was just beautiful, and funny of course.

i have to say at some points of reading it, i got teary u just love drama?

i kinda suspected her being pregnant but blurting the news to grant like that, i didnt see it coming.

this story really deserve more reviews.

kudos
silentscream4luv chapter 15 . 11/23/2009
Loved it!
the Pearl chapter 14 . 7/24/2009
Oh, I forgot to mention that I especially liked the chapter names, like I did in the first part. Particularly the kung food fighting one. The lyrics scattered among James's thoughts were also nice, and those memos of all things later doomed bad to make jokes of, politically incorrect or taboo. :)
the Pearl chapter 15 . 7/24/2009
This story seemed very promising as well and I did like it, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed the first part. I somewhat lost my interest and started skimming at the end of the 9th chapter, the plot just went really weird. It just doesn't really sit with me that James would, after being three years together and in love with Grant, consider leaving him for his own good, just because of something his aunt - who James dislikes - would say.

The inviting Cheryl over and paying a lot of money for her as well as while shopping was stange too. It doesn't suit the image of the strong and independent tomboy I pictured James to be. She comes off very insecure and, well, dumb too for not trying to just talk things through with Grant. The first part set the bar high so I guess I was expecting something different, these relationship problems and misunderstandings seemed just glued-on.
belle1220 chapter 15 . 8/24/2008
I've just read both A Girl Named James stories and while I enjoyed the original this story had so much emotion to it. I really hated his aunt and you had my stomach turning with the devastating breakup, but you totally redeemed yourself in the end.

I would definitely be on board for a third installment. A pregnant and emotional James can lead to so many wonderfully crazy moments. It would be great to see her and Grant have a happy fluffy end after all the angst they've endured through the last two stories.

Great job. Wonderful.
Addy of the Door chapter 15 . 8/11/2008
I've reread this and the first one so much that i felt bad about not leaving a review!

I loved the end where she tells grant she's pregnant indirectly.

I hope you do a third in the series, one with the wedding and pregnancy...hormonal james...lol.

i keep on wondering how a story this good can get so little reviews..but u probably have a lot of hits..i read tons of stories and never review but i absolutely loved them..this is one that i loved..but never reviewed until now..

anyways, hope u do a sequel to your sequel..and your story never get repetitive..like you could do helluva lot more sequels and it would never get old..hint hint..
Strangely Natural chapter 15 . 7/19/2008
Awesome lines, you have such a wonderful effortless sense of humor and quotability in here, truly awesome, just like in "A Girl Named James": *Jasmine from Aladdin has nothing on that. She took a Magic Carpet ride; you’re going to your death on a yellow prison of doom...I’ve moved on to more attainable dreams like my sexy boyfriend wearing a chicken costume while dancing in a tub of grape jelly. And that’s the last time I watch Chicken Run right before bed while eating grape jelly on toast, that much is for certain...“I need to kiss their wedding button.”...Wouldn’t that have been strange? Sitting there, completely oblivious because you’re distracted, trying to saw into Uncle Fred’s prosthetic arm. How was dinner honey? Uh, a bit chewy?...There had to be something I could say that would make him feel better, erase the worries that he’d kept so deep that they erupted to the surface in such an exposing way...Hair not brushed, old jeans, bare feet, and stained t-shirt it was like I had enough money for man-servants but not enough to clothe them properly. Just the way I like them, damn it! If you’re going to work in my house, you better be sexy and dressed like a hobo or out with you!...Tragic thing; now that he brought it up, I did want to marry him. I wanted to spend my entire life with the crazed prodigal son sitting beside me and it took a stupid game of ‘what if’ for me to figure it out...If all else failed, I would go Kung Foo on her ass. Everybody was Kung Foo fighting. Those kicks were fast as lightening. Great, now I got that song stuck in my head. Blame the aliens, you know I do...Talk about getting to the point. That must come with old age; you want to make it before you die right in the middle. That was terrible, but then so is this woman...“I’m not letting you anywhere near Grant. You’ll come in the night while we sleep, smother me with a pillow and seduce him over my corpse. (Geez THAT ONE was really bad)"...What started out as an attempt to do something productive together turned into a scrap, only instead of drawing your own blood you took it out on the innocent condiments.”...Good God, Grant had left home for four days on a business trip and I almost died. How the hell was I going to handle this? This wasn’t temporary, this was permanent...He just listened, nodding his head as every detail I could remember spewed forth in a vile froth of reality (How descriptive)...“You think they won’t see through it?” I knew it was possible, especially when I started bringing home kittens by the handful and never leaving my room. After ten years of that, they’d start to get suspicious...“Come on, Jay-Jay, the biggest mistake he could make is marrying you. What could be worse than that?” I snorted. Jackass. He was insulting and funny all at the same time...Stupid stress, I hate stress but yet it’s like a long lost lover that seems so familiar...Whether the hole you dug was self deserved or inflicted on you by others, or maybe a touch of both, you just had to keep digging yourself out and praying it would turn out alright...Bunch of weirdos, I’m telling you. Get a little alcohol into my family and everything turns into a love affair. It’s worse than taking hits of ecstasy; you’re so beautiful. Come here; just let me touch your face.(that one had me cackling)*

*Some people get mad because their parents never tell them they love them and my father only voiced it a handful of times but he said it every day.* wonderful man indeed.

The scene at the end of chapter 4 was amazing, the metaphor of her nakedness: her vulnerability before him and the wrenching realization of his feelings, or lack there of (at least to her at this moment) was beautifully illustrated, truly something to remember in future scene depictions. Masterful in it's ingenious simplicity.

*It wasn’t that I hated visiting his mom; it was just that you could see the pain in his eyes while he read the paper with her or flipped through the photo albums and she told him stories that were nowhere near the reality. She was making up a dream world she could remember and his part to play was Julian; the boy who mowed her lawn.* truly heart breaking, how can he continue to be so sweet and precious when he's has such bad relatives?

*“No, Mrs. Hill, that’s okay. I came to say that I can’t cut your lawn anymore, I’m sorry.” Memo to self: Pain. No one should ever have to know that kind. AND "If I’m not supposed to do this, then something will happen to right it."* such true words, both lines.

I just have to say that James is being an quite moronic considering she PROMISED Grant she wouldn't leave after he revealed that this was his darkest fear in their relationship, and he's just had a horrible accident and never going to see his mother again all in the span of such a short time, this is just terrible, and all because of his stupid Aunt, why can't James just talk to him and avoid all that foreboding drama?

*“I can’t tell you what to do about this whole thing, little girl. You’re gonna do what you think is right but what I think is right, is telling Grant everything and letting him set you straight on a few things. You get mad at him when he won’t let you in, but right now you’re forcing him out."* Nick is brilliant no?

*So by doing this, I actually put you in her shoes because you were fighting with the same thing she was by wrapping your head around that yes, he can be hurt. Or something like that? Does that make any sense?* no it doesn't, it's one of the most awful things I've ever read about this world. It sucks because he's being hurt all the time so why would he need more pain considering he's such a good person AND doesn't deserve the bad Karma? See what I mean: *He’d made me promise to send flowers to the family of the driver that had died, that was how wonderful he was. The man could’ve killed him but he was worried about the family.*. Makes no sense. Neither does life though so good job in illustrating that.

*Grant spent the rest of his afternoon on the phone with the office, making arrangements to go in the next day for a bit to set some problems straight and give out orders before taking time off. Which he shouldn’t have bothered doing since he wasn’t going to have a job after he was done.* I so had a feeling he wasn't selling, this was just Marianne's concoction to keep them apart.

*“Good. Your tears sustain me. Now get lost, I’ve got better things to do than waste brain cells on you. Although, God knows you could use the transplant.”* Cherly has her fantastic person moments, but can be such a butthole sometimes ~_

*“James…are you…?” I winced. “Pregnant with emotion?”* I SO had a feeling that flu and the excessive crying and the fact that they didn't use any protection on their last night together before the break up had contributed to this wonderful state of events I SO knew she was preggers, WHE! I love this story, especially the awesome ending with the enviable Proposal. These are some of the best characters I've ever read, and I've read some magnificent ones to boot. I would so love a family like hers and a Grant of my own. Things would never be boring or lonely. Pleasant writing, you make reading a wonderful experience. If you ever decide on a third sequel I'll be waiting to read it and hoping it's just as good.
Allie92 chapter 15 . 5/11/2008
aww that end bit is so frickin cute kinda sad its over but i want to read to the sequel and the baby and wedding its so exciting so hurry and write it already woman jeez ! update soon ill be waiting !
Lovemelol chapter 3 . 5/5/2008
Ok so i read this lmao...I liked it...

I hate how ppl they think its the best for them but its not lmao...It is so gay

I wish people would just think for themselves really
gnipper chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Loved the followup story to a girl name James.
Lovemelol chapter 2 . 5/3/2008
Well im currently reading A girl Named James im actually on here ratm printing off the 2nd party that u have wrote...I dont realy know what to say bout this one ratm lmao im still reading it kinda ha ha...

Im on Chappy 10 ratm so ya...lmao

Im just getting ready to read the rest ha ah...but i g2g im kinda drinking...lmao
Lovemelol chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Ok so i have a confession ha ha

Ur stories have captivated me lmao

they have sucked me into oblivian lmao

Today while sitting on the bus 2hours i sat there and just read lmao my bus driver had to actually had to tap me on the shoulder and tlel me that i was home ha ha...see thats what happend...their like a sukubus not to be mean or nothing but ur stories like suck the reader right in. My stories suck though ha ha...

But my art u could say is pretty good i guess...visit Taylorlee1212.
Miss-Simmone01 chapter 15 . 4/29/2008
Okay so first off I Loved the story that last chapter was hysterical! I love James's character although I would have liked to get to see Her Curse the old biddie out one more time for good measure LOL but it was great and I for one wouldn't mind seeing James and Hill in another story
younginside chapter 15 . 4/29/2008
you're a really gifted writer. you know, by posting up a chapter a day, you'd probably get more reviews. (: