Reviews for Scalp Staples
Ioga chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Haw, heart-warming comedy indeed - I did my chuckles out of it, but I fear my frigid heart remained as cold as it has ever been. :D Two particularly chuckle-worthy notes were the "Whoops, forgot I'm an atheist," and "Maybe next time I should just call the ambulance instead of playing solitaire on my cell when I'm injured." I blinked and had to read the last one twice, since you can't expect it from the earlier musings, but it's quite credible anyway. Great stuff.

I'm not sure what the word for this kind of writing style is, but I'll hereby call it 'snarky'. If that doesn't fit, it's just the fault of the English language, not mine! (Honestly, how anyone would spend up a word like 'inane' for anything other than beautiful small blue flowers is beyond me. I'm campaigning to get this fixed.)

I was feeling a bit like shifting realities the moment when the mental monologue stepped into current reality and described how the narrator went back to trying to remove the staple. It's a step outside the immediate brain to things happening in reality. Maybe instead I'd put it differently, as an intention, like "I figure I'll give it a tug for good measure" and then go directly to the feeling that follows the action. Otherwise it feels like the story is very consistent about setting itself inside the brain, which was kind of fun to notice from this one point of difference, actually.

Thanks for this!
Bleucrystale05 chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
That was so entertaining! my friend didnt want to read it. he said its too grim for him..XD but i liked it. i laughed at the end.. XD

i like how you write.. you just had a new fan.. :]
cynicalxcindy chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
haha. that was really good. A few points in it seemed overdone, but i wouldnt tell you to change it cause it seemed to fit the character. Nice job, i'd give you a high five if i wasnt stranded half way across the world. [;
im.a.werewolf.rawr chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
hahaha. Sounds like something that would happen to me...
VelvetyCheerio chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
I've tried to fix any things with Elmer's Glue. Many of them fell apart in my hands. T.T. This was funny, though. You are an exceptional writer. VelvetyCheerio.