Reviews for Once There Were
JenaoftheWords31 chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
That was a really sweet piece! I loved the fact that you kept on going forward in time, and then it looped back to the begining... I enjoyed it, though, I'm hoping that really will happen!
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
hehe lovely. Very very well written, I adored the 'once there were' repetition. and the best, the best thing is that the ending is ambigious. My initial reaction was 'It went back to being trees again! Everything turns around and the civilisation fell and all the trees grew back'

But now I'm wondering if this story hasn't ended yet and the awesomely placed last line is just a reminder of what has been lost.

'forest burned with the flame of civilisation' is a wonderful line. SO much in one sentance!

Great work D
HHM chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
This is very poignant and portrays a very powerful message. It really spoke out to me. Keep up the good work.
Edalene Athene chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I like, a lot
Written chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
gorgeous. you tell the story with a lot of skill, from start to middle to end... except the last line sort of draws me back and reminds me of how far we've strayed from the beginning, if that makes sense. sort of hits you. it's awesome.

really, really enjoyed this piece; well written, but sad.
Tranquil Thorns chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
This is so sad, but so true as well.

I love the format here - the fact that this seems so simply told, and almost fairytale-like, but the emotion is there nonetheless. The last line is heartbreaking.

Wonderfully written.