Reviews for Dream Catcher
AndItMovesUsAll chapter 12 . 5/26/2010
I'm a little confused.. I enjoyed parts of this and it definately kept me hooked but i the ending was very abrupt and i dont know how to phrase this...i just didnt really see the point to the story? I mean at first i thought it was going to be about her breaking free from the abusive relationship and overcoming it, but she broke free and that was it..and she seemed to come out of it positively, with her looking back on it as a good time. I understand that she was going through stockholm syndrome and i was waiting for the moment where it would stop and she would get over it, and i understand that some people never do, but the way things played out in this story, never really conveyed the seriousness of rape and abuse. Also,it just didnt seem to follow a logical course of events, shes kidnapped, she finally cracks and sleeps with someone else and she leaves and then it stops, and we dont get to see her new life away from it. I take it that her leaving was the climax of the story but it seemed false, and like the story didnt draw to a proper conclusion.

However i did absolutely love the world you created with Shikimis people and their culture and i i absolutely LOVED the twist at the end with his son. Also i think you had great character development and all the characters were intersting and strong and generally your write very well, i just thought there wasnt a great message coming across from this and the plot comfused me a little.
MantraMagazine chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Despite similar ideas being used in the past, this story feels very unique. There's a foreign quality that sets you in this new world and convinces you to stay. I'm looking forward to reading more.
toujoursmoi chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Dude...This is some awesome story.

I love it. Everything about it. Mostly. I do think tha it could be better in some ways but the imperfectness adds to the attraction of it.

I think when people say you could show the developemrnt of teh charcter i think they wanted you to have more instances where you could visibly see Miana have mixed feelings about Shikimi. I think that could have done with a little more work, The stolkholm syndrome happens gradually and slowly. You time frame was unrealistic.

I applaud you on actually showing the realistic charcter of miana. However i do wish that she should have one act of defiance maybe at the end, she says soemthing to shikimi. IMaybe about womans rights or soemthing. it would have been nice to see.

I would have also like to see her more homesick.

A reference to Raki?'s wife would have fitted in quite well, mayeb Miana showing understanding of her situation now that she is in the same place where the wife was.

I must say the ending was quite cliche. To me. I don't think it was too obvious for other people. The way you were building the story up, it was very unlikley that they would have a happy ending.

You are quite special writer and quite brave to write about rape and abuse. How it was normal in their society, and woman were treated badly. Miana should have been much more appaled by this.

Ie njoyed your story allot. It was imperfect but memerable.

One thing. I think as a writer you should learn to take critiscm in head and learn from it. You can't flame reviewers for doing you a favour and reviewing truthfully.

I hope you dont take offense by anythign i have said, and if you do then you need to grow up. Seriously.

But on a lighter note...I loved your story.

M
FantasyIssue chapter 12 . 12/31/2009
Blew. My. Mind.

I stayed up until one in the morning to finish this the other night. I felt like an addict.

You're an amazing writer. Amazing.
ManicMango chapter 10 . 12/16/2009
Another great chapter! :D Personally, I like Xan better though. Anywayz, on with the story!
ManicMango chapter 6 . 12/16/2009
Kay, now I'm a bit more okay with Shikimi. But don't get me wrong, I still don't like him...well...it's more their society. Once again, other than that, I really like the story.
ManicMango chapter 3 . 12/16/2009
Alright...I've just read the beginning and I'm really not liking Shikimi. He's being an absolute jackass right now. Also, the names are kind of...um...unusual. Other than that, the story's great!
Aradia Cloud chapter 7 . 11/25/2009
Son of a BITCH! The bastard! Oh god, why? Why?
Aradia Cloud chapter 4 . 11/25/2009
The stupid cocksucker. Seriously, that is so wrong how he treats her.
MadameLeQueen chapter 7 . 7/26/2009
Good god D: all those names! Where do you get them XD
Kairis12 chapter 5 . 1/21/2009
this dosnt make any sense...he RAPED HER why is she acting like she loves him she shudnt b fond of him! she should despise him! i would!
eskimoxisses chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
Hey, thank you for bringing this story to fictionpress :P because if you hadn't I would've never been able to read it. I wasn't anticipating how great of a story this would be. Could I call it a short-story? Or it was just, I was so hooked that I read continuously and I never wanted it to end, honestly. There were times when I just wanted to kick Shikimi in the ARSE and man, their way of doing things were darned screwed up compared to today. Of course, none of this ever occurred but still. I loved her character, Miana, and I definitely did not think her pathetic a bit. I definitely connected with this story... Glad you wrote it and thank you. And the love scenes were quite...graphic X) but y'know, it enticed me to read it all the more.
LJANG chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
The story did not end the way I had expected it to end. I had assumed she was destined to be with Xan, her knight and shining armor, she'd live happily ever after with him and would be able to visit her family back home... ( yes I've been reading too much fairy tales ). I actually thought Shikimi was a decent guy before he started beating her and all. And even though he felt remorseful afterwards, it meant absolutely nothing. He just continued to piss me off chapter after chapter and if Miana had killed herself, I woud've been fine with it because I want him to feel guilty.

So I'm to assume the red hair blue eyed boy is her son that was fathered by Shikimi? I knew she was pregnant when she was vomitting during the battle and next to the river! Thumbs up! I really enjoyed the fic.
Courtney chapter 12 . 12/2/2008
oh my gosh! she has a son? Holy moly. This was a great story, sad and happy both. I loved. Thanks for sharing it! I can hardly wait to read more.
Courtney chapter 6 . 12/1/2008
Even though Shikimi is a big brute, I'm starting to like him a tiny little bit. Especially when he was embarassed. That was adorable.
212 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »