Reviews for Won't Break
HighOnBrokenWings chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Really really good. Its like emotion put into words and slapped down on a computer !
Mary Kaye Bjork chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Hi, Lara! It's Mrs. Bjork - finally. I am so sorry I didn't get to this sooner! Not only is it enjoyable to read your writing, but it's such a great opportunity for me to get to know you better!

Your strength of character really comes out in this piece. The tone beautifully highlights the message - your short and direct presentation - curt phrases, simple diction - the format of the stanzas - all highlight and enhance the theme of the poem! It has such a strong voice!
Zonne chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
I really like the format of this poem.

The simple "no" to getting stronger throughout.

I felt like the "somebody had to" line felt out of place. It seemed less personal that way.

Very nice poem. Sorry - no anecdotes.. do you get a lot of those? That made me smile when I read that.

Zonne

The Review Marathon

Link in my Profile
ScarletDreamer chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I love how your words, in a sense, fall down. It gives me the idea that the narrator starts out saying "no" in a quiet manner but grows stronger throughout until he/she finally says "Not anymore."

GREAT work.
AK the Twilight chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Hm...simplistic, but forceful. Your poetry does tend to be a bit of a departure from your stories, but it does make a serious impact. The words are simplistic, but deliver serious and sincere feelings, something I kind of wasn't expecting from your story-lines of your other works.

Regardless, this poem is slightly simple, so it doesn't seem like your absolute best. This was a good poem. Simple with plenty of serious impact, but it did make me want to read some of your stories. It's okay, because I liked this. Good job!