Reviews for Be Myself
StillUndecided chapter 50 . 8/23
I'm so glad this story is still getting updated! I started following like a long time ago but then without realizing it I was getting emails anymore. I was on the site and remembered how long it'd been since I read this! Its still amazing! Great character develoment. I hope Oscar ends up with someone different (no shade to Oliver lol). Keep it up!
KaylahDemi chapter 47 . 3/16
Sad but true, the bullied are often bullies... As unfortunate as that is. I can't wait to read about the counselling session, as well as when he gets to go on a double date with Oliver and his xgirlfriend and her new boyfriend
KaylahDemi chapter 45 . 11/26/2014
I do hope your partner will make iyt out of surgery a-okay and perfect :) I do apologize for not replying to the last chapter, but I was shocking by Jean's story and how brutal and terrible it was :( poor boy. I just want to hug him and Oscar and show them all love. I liked this chapter and way to go for Oscar doing the things he wants instead of what joseph wanted for him.
KaylahDemi chapter 43 . 11/4/2014
Noooo a criffhanger whyyyyy lol
Guest chapter 43 . 10/30/2014
Olay then I am looking forward to the next installment. Tou are a wonderful writer.
KaylahDemi chapter 42 . 10/12/2014
Thank you for staying up till dawn for us, James. It is very much appreciated! :D I just want to cuddle Oscar, but that would only hurt him so no cuddles :(
Hedonistic Opportunist chapter 2 . 10/12/2014
Well, this escalated quickly. I'm sick to my stomach by how Oscar got treated by his father; he should never have defended himself – or been forced to – have sex with another guy. Sure, screwing someone on schoolgrounds is epically stupid, but that's it. He should not be forced to feel ashamed for it. What this basically means is that you're good at writing emotions. I also find that you do a fairly good job of writing about someone who's conflicted about his sexuality: I think that's something many bisexual people go through – they are confused about why they are suddenly drawn to the other gender, when they were normal beforehand (or thought themselves to be because that's what society expected of them). I wouldn't call Oscar gay, he's bi clearly, and I appreciate that there's a story that finally realistically explores the issue of what it means to be bisexual (with so much bi-erasure going on in the media otherwise).

I like Jean; he's an interesting guy – full of flippant jokes and so very forward. I do like how he doesn't give a damn about anything, even though his actions are largely irresponsible. It makes him such an interesting contrast to Oscar though – who until this point, seems to have always done the right thing. I like Oscar; he's someone you can very much relate to, because what happened to him could happen to anyone for a variety of reasons (it doesn't matter if you are queer or not, you can always be shamed for sleeping with the 'wrong' person, believing in the 'wrong' thing etc etc...).

This review was brought to you by the Review Game Forum's October Review Marathon (link in my profile).
Hedonistic Opportunist chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
You have a very good opening there that I feel speaks to me, on a very much personal level. I like how you talk about people being able to influence the direction your life can take, making it obvious that it can either be your true love (cliché) or just a random person who makes you realise something about yourself (more realistic). It's a very honest opening, and it sealed the deal for me: I wanted to continue reading.

I like how you start this sexual epiphany with a random encounter in the toilet; we'd like to believe that first times are romantic, but often they are not, and I liked the suddenness of the situation, the decisiveness of Jean to just go down on a guy he barely knew. It was hot, and I did enjoy the oral sex scene a bit. What surprised me is that Jean was a bottom, and I liked it, because it defied stereotypes. The only think that irked me a bit was the lack of lube and a condom – it just a) hurts without the lube and b) basically any kind of sex that with strangers should always be safe sex. I guess it's justifiable since they are teenagers, but it's still icky.

You have a good writing style as well; it's very direct and easy to read.

KaylahDemi chapter 40 . 9/11/2014
I want to cry just reading it, and hug them all :(
Gorgeous4Eva chapter 39 . 9/1/2014
Reminds me a bit terribly of my father :/.
Except Oscar's is about five times worse.
All I can say is I don't know what Oscar had in mind. Rational thinking is one of those 'does not apply' things (or at least when it comes to this sort of situation). Yes, yes he should have run.
Gorgeous4Eva chapter 37 . 8/12/2014
For reasons of my own, in my mind, Lewis's female name is officially "Leona".
I'm so happy that Oliver has the opportunity to be happy, but you're really peaking my interest about Arthur. Hopefully we see more of him in Part 3? :)
Update soon!
KaylahDemi chapter 35 . 4/13/2014
I wish to hurt the fucknut that would hurt sweet Oliver! Poor boy :(
Gorgeous4Eva chapter 35 . 4/13/2014
Ah, Jean is absolutely amazing.
Glad you updated! I was getting worried that you weren't ever coming back. Definitely worth the wait.
Update as soon as you can! :)
KaylahDemi chapter 34 . 2/17/2014
Creepy as hell shop keeper lol Jean is weird and this storymakes me think about stuff I've never even considered before and it has really opened my eyes
KaylahDemi chapter 33 . 2/3/2014
Awesome chapter as always and you cannseriously never find an LGBT section in any book stores! I've looked.
66 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »