Reviews for I think I'm far from Heaven
Nowhere Man 192760 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
There's all these little emotions that seem to be going on here, and you balance them so nicely.

"because she's no longer here / reading this wall of text / in awe / in envy / in retrospective respect" Like someone else mentioned I think, I love alliteration and play-with-words of "retrospective respect." But I also love how you jump from loneliness, to almost a sense of superiority/pride, to anger, to contemplation, and so forth. Those few lines say a lot about the relationship and how this person feels.

I also like the religious, spiritual aspects you tie in throughout. It adds greater depth to it all brings the situation between the two to greater heights. I love the second stanza, where you talk about losing your depth and "she, her soul." It's an interesting comparison there, and once again, a few words are saying a lot. The image at the end of God looking down, and you concluding you may not be " so far from heaven" is a lovely note to end on. It helps balance the darkness and sadness of the poem, and is an uplifting note to end on without straying too far from that darkness and confusion.

Okay, I always end up rambling too much in reviews, but anyhow... I really enjoyed reading this: A love poem that's appears to be much more, abundant emotions shared in a few effective words, and just a great work of poetry. Well done!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
I really like this line "in retrospective respect" because of the alliteration and play on words

so we can say loves just another... love's

I really like how the first line and the last line are so different. Like writing the piece made you come to some realization, that was really interesting. Great piece.

PS If you're bored this weekend, check out the Review Game's Review Marathon (link in my profile)
sugarlessgirl chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
ditto, sometimes i feel that way too. nice composition!