Reviews for The Dragons Curse
freak-joy-spastic chapter 9 . 7/17/2012
Loved it! I would love to see a sequel to this, perhaps something based a few years later when Wieda can have babies and breath fire. Maybe when the dragons are traveling around more and come to visit. I'd love to see more dragon human comroadery, but it's your story so do what you want. Much luck to your future stories. bye bye
SilveroftheWoods chapter 9 . 6/11/2012
Fantastic! A wonderful dragon story! I loved every chapter :D
jessie chapter 9 . 7/22/2011
this was a very well written story, probably one of the best stories iv read on this site yet!

i enjoyed it very much
The-Angel-Illusion chapter 9 . 4/6/2011
Amazing story. You put a lot of thought into how dragons reproduce which was cool. I love castus (though I admit the first time I read his name I thought it was cactus).
mousegirl05 chapter 9 . 12/28/2010
Ah, once again, you have crafted a beautiful world and engaging characters. I enoy your take on dragons and the complexities of their eggs and the curse-all so lovely. The little hatchling was a joy and I loved her and Edmund's relationship. What a pleasure to find a story in which neither the boy nor his parents begin as selfish ogres with lessons to learn.

Castus was fun as well. I have always been a fan of the world-traveler, and I appreciate especially his explanations about how his sense of morality-the cow and the sheep-were different from a 'businessman's', hence Edmund should not 'share' it with his father. That made me laugh!

Others had mentioned a desire to see Weida return later to speak with Edmund, and I must say that I am curious as well. However, the ending here is lovely so it matters little.

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing It.
TheFanatics chapter 9 . 11/15/2010
This story was excellent.
ForgeUpwards chapter 3 . 11/15/2010
I make it a point to view every story I read, but I really like this one. It's different, and engaging. Good job!
ravynrants chapter 9 . 10/24/2010
What a lovely little coming-of-age fantasy tale! And with dragons! (I have a total soft spot for dragons.)

I really enjoyed the living-off-the-land aspects of the story while the trio were traveling. (Some of my favorite books when I was a kid were "My Side of the Mountain" and "The Hatchet" - total coming-of-age, survival in the wilderness type YA books.)

I also enjoyed finally seeing the dragon society when Edmund and Weida reached the top of the mountain. Actually, I would have liked to see more of that, and I was a little disappointed that Edmund left so quickly.

I like that the story was left a bit open-ended, with so much potential for the future - whether it be just in my imagination or in future stories you might consider writing. I, personally, imagine Edmund all grown up, perhaps being called on to assist in something or other having to do with the dragons, traveling to the palace where he meets the handsome young prince...LOL...you can see where I'm going with that! Or perhaps Edmund goes to visit with the dragons, and he are Weida are flying together and come across a young man in danger who they rescue...only it turns out to be the handsome young prince of the kingdom! Haha, ok, well, I think it would be a nice story. What can I say? I love dragons, I love handsome princes, and I love me some slash.

Anyway, thanks for this story. I did very much enjoy it!
Draco-the-Hybrid chapter 9 . 10/23/2010
I love the story so much:)

Man I wish there was a sequel to this story.
daemonkieran chapter 3 . 8/25/2010
i like that Edmund comes from good stock

his grandfather is wise and strong

his father is honorable and hard working

his mother loves him and it shows

he has a very good foundation
vincerina chapter 9 . 8/25/2010
Like it very much, thank you for sharing :)
AsiaLisek chapter 9 . 7/17/2010
i haven't read such a pleasant fairy tale since i read "dragons can talk" trilogy when i was 14 ( i think). Absolutely wonderful. The premise, the characters, and your style of writing just flow so smoothly it's absolutely enjoyable to read. And you know what the best part was? I didn't even miss any yaoi! which is AMAZING in my eyes, since i have a mild addiction.

I guess I still do love dragons most. Lol.

Really.. just a great story. :)
greentiger chapter 9 . 7/16/2010
I really think there should be and epilogue to this story, one where Edmond is a few years older and Wieda finally comes to the inn for a visit. She can "stay" at the inn and pay with some jewels. She and Edmond can catch up on what they've been doing.
Jamie chapter 9 . 6/2/2010
Thank you for such a gorgeous story! Simple is good, to my way of thinking, but you craft it so beautifully and vividly that it seems a shame to label it with a word as plain as simple... I wish I could come up with something I feel suits it better, but it's too difficult to pin it down-just like all living, breathing things. :)
frolic-horror chapter 9 . 3/8/2009
I absolutely loved this story. It contained all the cuteness of boyhood and friendship. And dragons, too. *big grin*

Stories about how different races get to know each other are always fascinating and (I suspect) quite difficult to write.

I started reading this under the impression that it contains slash, but I'm not disappointed that it doesn't. I'm glad I read it :)

Keep up the good work! I love your stories.
49 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »