Reviews for Obsidian Darkness
Slightly Obsessive chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Wow. The clear, poetic imagery in this took it to another level.
Hed in the Cloudz chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Your buildup is wonderfully done! You successfully create a wonderful suspense with the different descriptions of the approaching man. It's ten times more creepy when you can't see all of the villain at once!

THe whole description and all is beautiful, too. My only issue is that it's never clear what kind of creatures these cannibals are. Would the orbs be eyes, or creatures? You don't describe the features of the sacrifice, you see, so it's unclear. The description isn't necessary, but the lack of one makes the horror or the cannibalism less effective.

-Yna, from the Review Marathon (see the link in my profile!)
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
Yeah, I like the fact that you can use both your light and dark sides to good effect for creative purposes.

I enjoyed this, it reminded me of my own nano-stories, somewhat.

Perhaps you'd read them for me, they're called samurai/ninja/boxer and prisoner, they follow one another on my page, about 30 or 40 down from the top. They're very short, see what you think.

You should write more like this, I like gore :)

Alan.
Justin Carlton chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
Not bad, although it was a little too shallow for a oneshot horror. I need a little more - mainly in terms of characterization and a bit of a plot.

Well-written, though - as usual.