Reviews for The Introspective Debate of Owen Brody
J.S. Goldberg chapter 22 . 6/17/2010
So, I know its been a couple of years since you posted this story...However, I have decided to review anyway.

I don't want to sound like a broken record with all these wonderful reviews, but I thought you did a brilliant, fantastic job with this story! And I'll tell you why :)

Everything felt completely fresh! Normally, I read these type of stories and it's so horridly cliche, I ultimately find myself you did such an amazing job! The characters were wonderful in every way. Everything felt much more realistic..you didn't take the angsty "wah wah wah" route, which I liked. And I was afraid Mia would make a move on him, he'd question it or be caught by Linden..but I was so happy that didn't happen! :D What I'm trying to say, is that I simply adore this wonderful novel.

I definitely think you should consider trying to get it published. And when you do, send me a message. Because I'll totally be your first customer!
Creeping Collarbones chapter 11 . 5/26/2010
I just fou this fic and I love it!

He drew I love you on his neck and on his back, sent it rushing down his arm and let it collect in his palm; it stung in some places and soothed in others- That was amazing,(:

You're so talented!
PoppyAshes chapter 3 . 2/7/2010
Your story thus far is so good, that I am going to try to read it all, twice, in the next three hours. I hope you realize that I will probably lose my eyesight to this story. :P Soo good!

-Ashes
Mauvelous Green Rainbows chapter 22 . 1/25/2010
Absolutely lovely story. Sharp, witty, touching, made me cry in all the right parts, gave me a good laugh at others. Really reminds of S. E. Hinton's works in an odd way. Maybe, the golden bits and Owen's attitude. But, it's things like that make make me love a story even more. Great story, great characters, compelling.

And I bid you ado with one last proclamation:

BURN, PIANO ISLAND, BURN. (the song i listened to the entire time; read this in one sitting, i did.)
Emerald Dragon77 chapter 22 . 1/16/2010
This is the cutest story ever and my second time reading it. Words cannot describe how happy this makes me. :D
CucumberPrincess chapter 22 . 11/6/2009
Amazingly well-written. Grammar and everything was in check, making it very readable, even though sometimes it's hard to tell who's talking. I love the characters. I like that they aren't one-dimensional and everything is kept very real. Good work. :D
StangenBaer chapter 22 . 10/25/2009
Love love loved this! Amazing! Pure Genius!

Can't write much right now seeing as I'm supposed to sleep! Still totally buzzed from this story!

you're my new God!
coolguywithahat chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
For Some Reason I Imagine The Voice Over From Desperate Housewives When The Narrator Is Speaking. lol
midnightsfury chapter 22 . 10/22/2009
I absolutly LOVE this story. You did a great job, and i loved reading it, twice XD
Migal chapter 22 . 8/13/2009
I adore this story, Brody and Linden are so sweet definitely one of my faves :)
CemelDosce chapter 22 . 8/6/2009
Wow what a great story. I cudnt stop reading it and I'm seriously wishing that there was more because it was just so good. I loved Brody's character and that you kept everything so real and honest. You have amazing skills.
Puppet-san chapter 22 . 8/3/2009
Wa this was great!

I really loved reading it

really, really cool story!

OwO
Rue Street chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
It was a bit confusing, but not bad. :D
Jumping Jack Flash chapter 22 . 5/27/2009
This is absolutely lovely. I don't have to write a high school story now, because you did what I wanted to do, and did it well. There's a kind of gentle, light feel to the whole thing that leaves me smiling.

One criticism, and I think it's major enough to require a thorough editing pass when you have time for it: it's often difficult to tell who's talking. Especially in the first half, you often have one character's action attached to another character's dialogue. There are also some switches of POV that, while technically allowed in omniscient third-person, don't really work with the straightforward style you're doing here, but that's less of a problem.

Aside from those issues, this is pretty much perfect. Thank you for a teenage protagonist who's not lobotomized by angst; thank you for a popular kid who's witty enough to deserve his popularity; thank you for an 'outsider' who's not bitterly looking in; thank you for an interfering girl friend who's not always right; thank you for a conflicted parent who's not a cardboard caricature; and thank you for a happy ending that doesn't solve everything forever. In short, thanks for doing it right.
whatisit chapter 11 . 5/27/2009
I loved that before last paragraph. really beatiful.

The story is pretty cute up to now, specially their banter (?) in the first chapter.
132 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »