Reviews for The Introspective Debate of Owen Brody
Broadcast chapter 12 . 6/6/2008
This is a refreshing and beautiful story. You've created amazingly dynamic characters that I've fallen madly in love with. Usually, everything I find on this site is complete dreck. I was caught so off guard by your talent and stunning style. I look forward to your next chapter more than you could know.
three pipes chapter 12 . 6/6/2008
Hey, there. Just wanted to say that this is extremely well-written and terribly original. I really enjoyed it.

One thing I thought I would mention... at times, it can be a bit misleading as to whom is saying each line of dialog. For instance, in Chapter 9, in this passage:

“She didn’t tell you?” Brody asked as he took a seat next to the cat and rubbed its ears.

“I didn’t even know she had your number.” Brody paused. That was odd.

Where you wrote 'Brody paused', it seems to imply that he was the one saying that line of dialog. This occurred in a few other places as well.

Anyway, feel free to ignore that if you don't feel it's a problem. Sorry to write this whole long diatribe about your lovely tale.
Indalecio chapter 12 . 6/6/2008
this was a nice chilled chapter, i liked it.

i can SO see Linden in a cinderella dress, LOL
friend 49 chapter 11 . 6/1/2008
Okay SO, to start off, I'm gonna just throw it out there that that is my account, just FP is being all weird and not letting me sign in. I dunno why. Hmm!

Secondly, I've been reading this from the start, just what always happens is that I'll read it on the school computers, which are supposed to be just for school stuff, and then they'll kick me off and throw me out of the library. So that's why you've gotten no reviews from me. Sorry!

Now I'll review. You know, like I should. Haha.

"does your mother-or father or guardian"

hahahahaha.

"Your parents are boss!"

RAHHAHHAHAA. I love it when people say boss.

"Ernie and Linden burned popcorn"

Ooh, I like that haha.

"Brody was 33 percent sure he was not going to like what he found at the lake or what would happen after he got there."

I'm getting the feeling Brody's a pretty good guesser...

Oh and by the way, thought I should mention that I like how you're doing all the percents and stuff. Good idea.

ON TO CHAPTER 11.

"He had said it so many times he didn’t know what it meant anymore, outside of that moment, that boy, that 100 percent complete perfect electricity of love, and nothing else."

AHH THEY ARE SO CUTE.

Mkay so I love this story.

And I am excited for the 6th!

-alyssa
Maxegirl1313 chapter 11 . 6/1/2008
Aw! I really love this story. Honestly, when i first saw it o thought it would be one of those painfully Cliche stories. Bit it wasn't. It's very well written and you have to adore the characters.

Please update soon!
katie chapter 11 . 5/31/2008
i'm sorry, i don't have an account to sign into!

will be making one when these awful exams are over though - wednesday afternoon, not long to go now :)

and i promise that this story will be the first one on my favourites list!

there's something very ironic about you being on holiday while i'm cooped up inside, revising. or pretending to. while reading your work.

(at 3.36am this time.)

ANYWAY.

THE STORY.

two updates! how exciting.

will lump my comments on both chapters into this one review, i think.

i don't recall any mention of linden's parents before chapter 10, so that first meeting was pretty interesting.

and that was some nice detail about his father's flowery shirt and short combo - post-holiday cliche indeed. i may have fallen for mr. harrow somewhere during his 'cool mom' speech. what a guy.

and the stark contrast between the harrows and mrs brody!

'They had walked in on their boy underneath another boy, and Mr. Harrow was sitting down in the recliner with yesterday’s paper.'

- ha! brody's mother could do with taking a leaf - or several - out of their book.

thought amelie was a nice choice of film. it's the end scene with the motorbike that really gets me, i'm reduced to a horrible weeping mess every time - even more emotional than a drunk mia.

and that's emotional.

'Whatever Mia had going on for him might just be slept off by tomorrow' - i doubt that. but a bit of wishful thinking never hurt anyone.

i feel bad for peter.

but perhaps further on in the story, romance might blossom between peter and mia?

i mean, it'd solve the mia problem. and peter deserves a sweet relationship to make up for his disintegrating friendship with brody.

as if linden was waiting outside brody's house - how predictable yet incredibly romantic! and this: “I didn’t want to say goodbye like that. I didn’t want to say goodbye at all.”

- awh, he's soo cute!

i couldn't keep the huge smile off my face by the end.

obviously the perfect moment won't last, with michael on the way (wheyy - all he needs to do is inject a little drama into brody and linden's 'happy' lives)

ah, this story's so good so far!

and before i forget, about two boys making out - strangely enough, i don't feel too uncomfortable seeing that.

but it hasn't crossed into the realms of fascinated voyeurism just yet.

haha, unlike a girl i remember who was in the year above - she'd tell everyone to google image "emo boys kissing" because apparently you'd get "page upon page of pure heaven!"

...i've never felt the urge to try it myself.

until your next update then :)
Indalecio chapter 11 . 5/31/2008
Geez, Mia was such a bad gurl.

So was Linden sneeking out like that.

i luved the end, it was sweet.
yayawhynot89 chapter 10 . 5/31/2008
Lol uh oh! Something tells me that Linden and Mia might bump heads later on in the story. Love it!
Indalecio chapter 10 . 5/30/2008
Linden's parents rock!

i am so loving this!
Kizzie Khrysler chapter 10 . 5/30/2008
After reading "Emo Emery" and "Rednecks drink " I added you to my author's alert list. When I got the first e-mail about this story I read the description and decided, nah, I've probably heard this story before. But then, today, for no other reason than boredom I decided to read it. I am so glad I did. This story is simply beautiful. Everyone is so complex but so...understandable. I'm a straight girl but for some reason I relate immensly to Linden. And I haven't even rolled my eyes once. I love this story and I love your work. You almost make me want to stop writing because it's like "What's the point? I'll never be this good" One eensy bitsy thing though...could ya bring Michael back? I loved the awkwardness and Mia, well, she's like the one semi-predictable thing in here. As soon as she came into the picture I kinda got IT, ya know what I'm mean? I think Michael was a bit more...I dunno, I just liked him as "the problem" more than Mia. Anywho, keep doing what you do and update frequently, like, now, would be nice.
katie chapter 9 . 5/29/2008
i confess that i was not planning on reviewing.

not even after reading all eight chapters (it's 24 past 3 in the morning and i wasn't sure i had the energy to leave any coherent comments.)

so i was clicking out, onto your author profile, when i noticed a brand spanking new chapter!

figured something out there was telling me to read that and then actually review.

and here it is.

wow. brilliant story so far.

being a straight girl, i wouldn't have thought that this would hold much appeal for me since i can't easily relate to it, but this story's definitely something special.

mostly because of the main character... you've built brody up so well, with all his quirks and those little details which show who he is as a person, that he might as well be living next door. he just is that realistic.

add that to how painfully adorable linden is, and how brody's old friendships are becoming strained, and his dissatisfaction with his old lifestyle, and the loss of brody's father, and his mother's reaction to linden being gay, and... well, apparently you get a pretty good story :)

'“Wouldn’t you rather spend the night with me?” Mia bit her lip, and with it something she nearly thoughtlessly blabbed'

- ooh. brody must be quite the charmer, he seems to be making everyone fall for him. silly boy.

and sorry to quote you again, you obviously know what you wrote, but this one bit stood out to me:

'the kind of hurt that lasted for months beyond it should, and no matter what anybody said it didn’t help because he wanted the hurt, the presence and memory there even when it did hurt.'

on a completely different note, will we be seeing any more of michael?

oh no... look how long i've managed to ramble on for! this is what happens in the early hours of the morning.

there's a 92 percent chance that i'll be checking back on this story, so i look forward to updates :)
Musickk Darling chapter 8 . 5/29/2008
I hate, yet love you for making things a bit more interesting with Mia. I mean, 40 percent...and we all know what happened to Brody with just a mere 5 percent chance.

absolutely love this. :)
Siberian-Tigress chapter 8 . 5/28/2008
I love this story. The characters are so real, and the relationships are very well devolped.

Bravo!
Klaha Rastaban chapter 8 . 5/28/2008
Uh OH! Brody's checking out girls again! Oh no for poor Linden. A lot of conflict seems to be going through poor Brody's head. A lot of crap is bound to happen. I didn't see this coming though!
Klaha Rastaban chapter 7 . 5/27/2008
I like how the relationship is panning out. It's pretty different. And the way that they all interact is fun and real. Love it~! I don't know how you're shoving all this awesomeness out so often, but do keep it coming! (No pressure, though!) And Brody, you're such a tease! Can't wait to see where this goes. Sorry I'm not more helpful.
132 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »