Reviews for Letters to Mary McGraw
bluebells chapter 16 . 3/15
This story was really touching. Write more like this.
Blood-and-Bunnies chapter 16 . 2/5
This story had potential. Lots of potential, but somehow, I don't think you've actually tapped into the story completely.
Both the main characters feel oddly choppy. Like, I see where you've attempted to develop the characters but I don't actually see it happen myself. Maybe it's the way every emotion is clearly outlined and defined at every moment throughout the story that makes it feel odd. I don't see a transition from acquaintances to friends to lovers, the reader just knows such a complex emotional array has happened because the writer said so.
I guess, what I'm trying to say is that there isn't that subtle insertion of unsaid secrets that actually give stories a realistic base.
Eh.
Also, I think the angst factor could have been upped, a lot, like six times more :P
Otherwise, the last chapter was perfect. It really was. It was cute.
S.Peridot chapter 16 . 9/10/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story, thanks for sharing it.
hana chapter 16 . 8/5/2014
loved it
Kris chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Jean u ar so cool,james is quite a character,his character development was good,shows no one is above care
Guest chapter 16 . 6/27/2014
U rock
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 16 . 12/23/2013
Really enjoyable story! I found myself having to sit down and read this because I just had to know what was going to happen! I'm glad they were able to get together. I enjoyed reading James's homecoming and, yes, he did deserve to be slapped. I also thought that James was going to die and was very pleased to read that he didn't. Well worth the read!
AlysonSerenaStone chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Great start! I thought you did a wonderful job with this opening chapter. I have been wanting to read this for a long time and I am now just getting the chance to do so. I think you captured your characters perfectly. I can't wait to read more!
Lily806 chapter 16 . 11/23/2013
I'm in tears after reading this story...
xkcbby chapter 16 . 7/20/2013
This story is so beautiful! I was prepared to cry...darn you. But you made up for my near emotional wreck at the end. The way you reintroduced James back into Mary's life was perfect! I didn't expect it at all. I was actually nervous because it was the last chapter, and he still hadn't come back. I love Mary's spirit and James' stern, stubborn, loving character (I'm not even sure that's how it should be described). The letters made me smile, and I found myself wanting a guy like James haha!
Character development was great, even in the supporting characters. I was hesitant to read this seeing that the length was relatively short (I veer towards longer stories), but this was seriously amazing, and I am so glad to have read it.
I am at the stage of nearly giving up on fp because finding actually good stories are such a hassle, and I am picky as hell. Bravo to you.
Preposterous chapter 16 . 1/15/2013
Awww, for the past few chapters I really believed that James really could be dead. I'm glad everything worked out. Great story!
Preposterous chapter 3 . 1/14/2013
Vanderbilt, eh? Is Laura old money then (well, probably new money during that time)? I ilke how there's actual tidbits from history incorporated in this.
Preposterous chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
Good historical fictions are a rare find on fiction press, but I really think I found one. :0) Awesome story.
Daily Beauty chapter 16 . 12/27/2012
was able to finish reading this now. what a story! it really made me go "awwwwww that's so sweet". i am glad you wrote this with a happpppy ending. continue writing! :)
Aspired Writer chapter 16 . 12/25/2012
Oh my f**king god, that was absolutely beautiful. I can't even begin to describe in words how much I loved this story and how different and unique it is. I love James and Mary and their story, and how it all ended.
I cried, without a doubt. I was so scared it wasn't going to turn out the way I wanted, but luckily that wasn't the case.
All in all, this story is definitely one of my favorites. Thank you for writing a beautiful story and sharing it with all of us.

Merry Christmas and Keep Writing (: