Reviews for Letters to Mary McGraw
tornangelwings chapter 14 . 7/22/2008
oh no you dont dammit, she's with james i swear if you do that i will personally murder you with marshmellows!
Kohlomere chapter 14 . 7/22/2008
Oh no! Daniel sounds like such a jerk! Get him gone!

Great work,

E.
Lady R chapter 14 . 7/22/2008
I like this chapter because it was very realistic. Although I would like Mary to wait for James, since he's not here, there's nothing wrong with going out on a date. I even like what you added about Laura. I forgot she and James was an item before he met Mary. I am definitely looking forward to what happens next.
s.hemingway chapter 14 . 7/22/2008
James James James :( Haha, good chapter there by the way, keep going I can't wait for the next!
mk985 chapter 14 . 7/22/2008
No don't grow up and move on! Well maybe the growing up bit is necessary for Mary to be truly at the same maturity level as James in terms of experience of the world & emotionally. But I just hope that moving on doesn't mean moving on to such a degree that it causes hurt later down the line for either one of the leads (this of course all assuming that James comes back. Please tell me he comes back soon!)

One thing that I would be curious about was if we could at least get a little snippet of James's life since he has been MIA. I think it would be interesting to see, whether or not he still has the same hopes of returning and what Mary means to him now etc.

Anyways as always, keep it up! :)
Subconscious-Flirt chapter 14 . 7/21/2008
Ha-ha. Don't pretend you're going to go all moral-ly on me now. Like, oh, life isn't that happy, things aren't always so bright and cheerful all the time for naive Mary. Because really, we've already brought across that point. Like, she fell for a guy in Viet-frikin-nam, who then goes MIA, and then is supposedly dead, and then is MIA again. Honestly, the girl's been through enough, dont'cha think?

And although I realize my infulence probably has nothing to do with the future chapters, because I'm sure a writer as skilled as you has some sort of outline and knows exactly what's going to happen, I do beg you to, you know, bring James back and all that jazz. Yes, that was a long sentence, but I think you'll bring him back and everyone will be happy? Besides, this Daniel guy seems like kinda an a-hole and Mary doesn't want to date him anyways.

So that's my input, anyhow. As a reforming silent reader of too many stories, I do hope that you are the king for happy endings where army guy comes back, etc.

This is going to get fairly redundant if I continue, so I'll just say post another chapter quickly and I will go stop procrastination the writing I have to do even though I don't want to. So, yeah.

And, oh, also, good chapter. Really, I mean it, I just forgot. Good. Even though Laura's being kinda obnoxious. Kay. Now I'm done, and I'll shut about what I want you to write and let you write it.
cheergurl12 chapter 14 . 7/21/2008
Aw I want James to come

Back! :) update soon!
OoohLookACat chapter 14 . 7/21/2008
ohmigosh.

this is just like in the notebook.

and she leaves and he'...

except its different but

damn

just thinking about the notebook has my eyes watering lol

good chapter

though i don't like this daniel character

he's no james after all.

...he does come back right?

eventually?

PLEASE?

can't wait for more

izzie
funnechick chapter 14 . 7/21/2008
Aww...I don't know whether to be happy or sad. It's amazing how many reminders of James occured during her day at the dinner. And I'm glad to know his body hasn't been discovered but it's really sad how Mr. Waters and Mary are stuck living in a kind of limbo because they don't know what's happened to him. I just hope this Daniel is a good guy but I'm a little worried about her maybe moving on and James possibly coming back. For some reason, I didn't expect this particular situation to even be a possiblity. Gotta love surprises.
writingforeverbecauseitsmylife chapter 14 . 7/21/2008
I still love you! But could you please at least but James POV in the next chapter so we know hes okay? :) Unless you have planned him dead, then tell us! You're killing me here :)!
sweetsilverlining chapter 13 . 7/21/2008
I just want to say that I love this story! It has helped me pass time a lot a work and I absolutely love it! Please update soon!
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 13 . 7/18/2008
yay! i knew you wouldn't kill him!

well, this is good. very good. i'm happy. i love james, i knew you wouldn't kill him!

you almost had me for a second, though. but then i was like, no, you wouldn't be that cruel.

post more soon!
mk985 chapter 13 . 7/16/2008
Oh you are evil! That was one roller-coaster of emotions in 5 mins.

I was so mad at first thinking that you had killed off James (I thought maybe it was turning into one of those "first-love-with-an-unhappy-ending" story). However you were soon forgiven as soon as they got to the morgue, that was rather funny as both said "It's not him!", LOL. Now I am smiling like a giddy idiot that James is in fact alive.

Just one thing I was confused about: what exactly happened with James and why were his dog tags switched? He was forced to do so because of an armed robbery or because he did so as a means to escape whoever had bombed the hospital? Sorry I am just confused (happens all the time :p) and I don't know if this will be explained in future chapters.
Essevera chapter 13 . 7/15/2008