Reviews for Letters to Mary McGraw
funnechick chapter 11 . 7/12/2008
Aww...this is so sad. BUT, if he does end up not getting found, I think it's good that he made up with his father and that Mary had a chance to be in somewhat of a relationship before anything happened-although because of those two things, it now makes it harder for them to deal with James' Missing in Action status.

So...I got to page 14 in my book on Vietnam, which I have to say (even though it sounds pathetic) is actually an accomplishment for me. Unfortunately, I had to give it back to the library. But I might just need to invest in buying one or go to the other library in the next town to get another book. We'll see.

Oh, and the only constructive criticism I have is that in the last line of James' letter to Mary, "right" should've been "write"...nothing else seemed to need improvement besides that.

Happy writing!
I Murder on Impulse chapter 11 . 7/12/2008
omg, that is so sad. I'm going to cry :(

Excuse me for a minute...

xx
mk985 chapter 11 . 7/12/2008
I spent all day reading your story and I thought I would leave some feedback, since it is the only thing that I can do for you giving me a wonderful story to read :)

I think you portray the naiveté of Mary and James's cynicism and bitterness, the growth of James and growing up of Mary's characters through their gradual relationship very well.

The last chapter was very heartbreaking and sad, even though that I knew it would be coming. Just a Q - will Mary continue to write even if now James is MIA? To me, he seems to have become a release to her from her ordinary life, and if she would continue to write it may be like a last lifeline of hope to her that he will come back to her (I dunno though. I'll leave the story writing up to you :)

And lastly, since you asked for critiques, the only thing I can think of is that there are still some spelling mistakes (but nothing overtly noticeable to ruin the reading experience).

The only other thing that I would have liked to have seen was perhaps longer letters between M&J. I know that they were initially strangers, but I would have liked to have seen them revealing more about themselves and their personality to one another, and a bit more joking like when they first wrote.

OK so after my somewhat long review, I'll just say please keep it up and thank you!

:) Mariska
s.hemingway chapter 11 . 7/12/2008
What happens on James' side! Oh no. D:

Haha, anyway, I thought this chapter was a bit fast-paced, so perhaps more details could've been added. Haha perhaps it's just me, since I'm here very worried about James while Mary didn't seem too worried about him right after reading the letter. But nevertheless, the story's been really great and I hope there'll be updates soon! Haha.

James D:
OoohLookACat chapter 11 . 7/12/2008
oh my gosh

i knew it would happen eventually

but i wasn't ready!

I'M STILL NOT READY!

YOU SHOULD HAVE WARNED US!

im outraged and sad at the same time!

but i loved it

despite the sadness

can't wait for more

izzie
Essevera chapter 11 . 7/11/2008
there were a few typos... "you're" instead of "your" and "daughter's" instead of "daughters"... those were the only i can name, sorry. it's a bit late for me right now
righthere431 chapter 10 . 7/9/2008
no! [ just when things were getting better /
righthere431 chapter 9 . 7/9/2008
aw ] i love little kittens! theyre so adorable ] and james and his dad are talking and its because of mary yayy ] lol and they have feelings for each other yay lol i should stop yayying now lol
righthere431 chapter 8 . 7/9/2008
aw ] he helped a woman through labor, he helped stranger... like when mary helped him ] so cutee!
righthere431 chapter 7 . 7/9/2008
ughh why does mary's mom keep telling her to not be involved with james or his dad? shes being unreasonable... but im glad that mary's father is the more sympathetic one ]
righthere431 chapter 6 . 7/9/2008
yes ] theyre starting to warm up ] and bill did die /
righthere431 chapter 5 . 7/9/2008
wait so did bill die or was it just a dream?
righthere431 chapter 3 . 7/9/2008
lol really cute ]
righthere431 chapter 2 . 7/9/2008
hm isnt laura his ex gf or something?
righthere431 chapter 1 . 7/9/2008