Reviews for Letters to Mary McGraw
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 10 . 7/8/2008
wah! everything in his being cannot turn to black!

i love him. you can't do this!

he'll live, though, right? he'll live and come back and love mary... right?

ah!

post more soon, i can't wait!
Freaks for Jesus chapter 10 . 7/6/2008
quite well-written though, being me, i didn't like the cursing, but you must write more or i shall be forced to daydream.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/6/2008
I could not even read past the second chapter. The story itself, is a nice idea. Your grammar hwoever, instantly pulls me out of it. The use of "anyways" is not only annoying, it does not fit into the vocab of the 1960s. Not to mention, it's incorrect, if you're going to use that word, in that context, you need to drop the 's.'
tornangelwings chapter 10 . 7/5/2008
oh no you dont, dag gonnit how could you...now i have to wait all well. great writing i love this story its one of my favorites.

~DUKE
funnechick chapter 10 . 7/5/2008
Aww...I kind of knew this would be the chapter where things might take a turn, especially after all of that fluff from the last one. It's really sad, but we all knew it had to happen since it was called for by the challenge, plus the chapter title gave it away.

I really hope he doesn't end up dead. I also hope Mary doesn't change completely, for the worst, when she hears the news.

Ooh, I just checked your first chapter and the challenge did say that this story should have lots of tears...man, that sucks for James.
I Murder on Impulse chapter 10 . 7/5/2008
NO! I'm gonna cry now, sniff.

xx
Iris chapter 10 . 7/5/2008

i've been "a silent reader" for the whole story.

but no more!

don't kill james!

i'd cry very sad, pathetic tears.

i hape you know i fell in love with him.

so you'd not only kill mary's happines, but mine too.

haha

cliffy no fun

but very good

very good
s.hemingway chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Just spent quite a long time reading through all ten chapters and they're great oh no just what's going to happen to him! I re-read the 'criteria' of this challenge and it says

Months later, she is notified that his status has changed to MIA (Missing in Action). And you can take it from there. :)

Oh no. D:

Great going, anyway!
Essevera chapter 10 . 7/4/2008
Ugh, I can't stand silent readers. -_- Anyways, cool chap
EverDream01 chapter 10 . 7/4/2008
NO! You can't end the chapter like that you evil...flying monkey? I guess you can, since you're the writer and all, plus...it's fun to leave cliffhangers to keep your readers wanting more. I really want to know what happened to James, though! I've read all ten chapters in one sitting, and I love it. Why aren't there more reviews?

Honestly, this is one of the better stories on this section of the website.
OoohLookACat chapter 10 . 7/4/2008
omg.

you're trying to kill me with suspense aren't you?

murder by ...something

that's what you'll get charged with

haha,

great chapter

cute and yet dramatic

can't wait for more

izzie
best laid plans chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
So, I've just read all ten chapters, and I honestly can't wait for the eleventh. :-)

I'm a plain old history nut and I don't understand why, but I can't get enough of WWII and the Vietnam War. Needless to say I was more than ecstatic to not only see the Challenge, but an actual story on the topic.

Your summary quote was perfect at pulling me in. I don't know why but I found the entire "Like the Virgin" line to be hysterical.

James is an intriguing character and very realistic for the time period the story is set in. If I wouldn't have known he was fictional, I would have assumed he really was a Vietnam soldier. I suppose you did your research. :-)

Now for Mary, I absolutely love her. She's stubborn (especially with ignoring James' protests)yet shy (her emotions)and stands her ground. Most characters go over the egde with being stubborn (most of the time refusing to admit their feelings. It isn't until the 20th chapter that they say, "Oh, I like you") and it often gets on my nerves. However, I like the balance you have.

Your writing is attention grabbing, meaning the details are appropriate. They're there when they're needed and nothing extra. Bulky paragraphs equals boredom; in my opinion at least.

Anyways, keep it up! I can't wait to see what happens to James. ;-)

-Samantha
emilybh chapter 10 . 7/4/2008
MOG update soon!

:D I love it!

Horrible cliffhanger though...
Subconscious-Flirt chapter 10 . 7/4/2008
sigh...have I really not reviewed this story?

Ah, well, it's good. Although it seems like this particular chapter like, got redundant in some parts...

Like...James looked in the soldier’s eyes, but found that the man refused to look him in the eye. As it may be, James could see the fear and downright terror that played behind the young man’s green eyes.

I don't know...maybe I'm just weird. I've been known to be very critical, specially on fanfiction. One girl called me a da(r)n lesbo frog for criticising the grammar.

Aanyways. Good story. I like all the characters and it must have taken at least a bit of research for all the Vietnam stuff. Very cool.
280 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »