Reviews for Letters to Mary McGraw
I Murder on Impulse chapter 8 . 6/29/2008
heh heh, james is such a cutee. I love Mary
gulistala chapter 8 . 6/29/2008
Oh my! James certainly is finding hope! And it has a lot to do with Mary! I wonder when their friendship stage will progress onto the 'more than friendship' stage. D

Minh chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Haha surprising a story that has to do something with the Vietnam war. (: I'm Vietnamese and my dad was in the Vietnam War. So far, I love the story. Keep on writing (: I wish I could write like you.
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 8 . 6/28/2008
i've had the past few chapters in my inbox for awhile, trying to find the time to read them. then, today, i did, and they were really good. this is an amazing story. it's going to get sad, though, i know. and that thought makes me sad. but it's going to be touching, too, because that's the kind of situation it is. so yeah.

it's amazing, though. keep it up!
tornangelwings chapter 8 . 6/27/2008
aw a baby, how cute is that. i love your writing i about had a heart attack when i saw that you had updated. well now i think you should have james thinking about what a baby would be like with mary when he gets home at some point.

i love your story,

~Duke
gulistala chapter 7 . 6/23/2008
Oh this is exciting! He's softening up and he's finding hope, yay! I call this progress!

OoohLookACat chapter 7 . 6/20/2008
ooh an ending is planned

i can't wait for it

i just want to know what happens!

i'm a sucker for romance and well

i can't help but hope for a good ending

but either way i'm happy

as long as its a good ending haha

loved the chapter

her mother finally found her out

that's got to be a shock

as for her father helping

he's definitely changed his attitude since the beginning

can't wait for more

izzie
teardropsONroses chapter 7 . 6/19/2008
this realy is very good

you're good!
tornangelwings chapter 7 . 6/19/2008
sorry sorry i havent reviewed sooner i have been on vacation in colorado...without a computer it was complete torture.

anyways amazing chapters as always i cant wait to read more.

im so glad that he is writing back. what the hell is with her mother!...you got some splainin to do lucy. anyways

amazing keep it up i cant wait for more.

~Duke
pishposh chapter 7 . 6/19/2008
hm.

wasn't bill's girl called anna?
I Murder on Impulse chapter 7 . 6/18/2008
gr! mums annoying :(

I love ya!

xx
kurstinhartsyou chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
Wow, this is really good.

I was reading the challenge responses in the yahoo group, and I saw this one.

I'm glad I got to read a story about it.

The emotion, description, and way you make it appear like this is actually 1972 and the Vietnam War is amazing.

I can't wait to read more.
molly chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
This is a really great story! It has such a sincere kind of feeling in it. Very nice! I look forward to more!
Yannick chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
Ok. Great chapter, not my favourite, but definitely good.

Lesse... I liked how there was a gradual change in Mr. Waters' attitude. I didn't really expect his to confide his greatest secrets with Mary at a drop of a hat, but... I also thought it might've taken a bit longer. Mainly because you mentioned that he was hard-headed and stubborn (probably not in those exact words).

Jack is, I'm guessing, a new character. Is he just a really minor character, or will he take part more in this story? Probably because his character description was a bit vague, all we know about his is that he was injured (obviously, or else he would still be fighting) and that he's healthy enough to help out around the morgue. But I suppose that's alright, since you can't really find out the greatest of details while staying at a hospital.

The relationship between James and Mary is building, and it's off to a good start. I also like how James has been sent off the battle fields and to the hospital because now James ACTUALLY has the time and need (since it seems like he's not really into the whole gory scene) to start writing.

It was a really well formed chapter, but possible not the best.

MR

btw. Most of the 'Jack Paragraph' at the bottom wasn't really written down nicely, it didn't have a good flow to it.

Oh, and somewhere in there your writing style changed a bit. For about two or three sentences. It made it a bit difficult for me to read since I didn't particularly like that style of writing. The bits after that were fine though. There were several occurences of that happening.
gulistala chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
O_O So Bill did in fact get killed. Oh my. Bill, the young kid! That was so unexpected.

I feel sorry for James but hey, it seems his father does in fact care about him. I mean he cares what James thinks of him. D

280 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 .. Last Next »