Reviews for Letters to Mary McGraw
H.R. Hall chapter 16 . 12/14/2010
This was a cute story, but I would like to make some suggesstions. Please don't feel like I am insulting your writeing, I mean this only as constructive critiscm. :)

I found that Mary and James lacked chemisry, and so it was not as engaging a story as it could have been. I realize it is a bit tough to make two people "sizzle" when they have only known one another for a day or two, but it is possilbe. Also, there seemed to be a lot of unneeded, "filler" dialogue. I actually found myself skipping certain slower scenes and not having missed out on anything important.

I did enjoy reading this though and wish you happy writing. :)

Sincerely,

hrhall
live 2oo write chapter 16 . 8/21/2010
You know I actually cried during the story of your's...AMAZING!
Senora-del-Sol chapter 16 . 6/28/2010
He's dead? He's dead? I understand this was an angst story, but I could't help and be positive that he would come back to Mary. I really was, so I was truly devastated. I actually cried.

It was a great story, very well written and well thought.

I loved it. Good job!

Take care and keep it up,

Senora
bfldnbfdld chapter 16 . 6/16/2010
I absolutely loved that. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. The letters seemed so real and I was so glad that you decided to keep him alive, I've read similar stories where the soldier dies and they break my heart. This touched my heart in all the more different a way.

Your characters were original and realistic, they had faults and you didn't shy away from showing that. You've clearly written this a while back but I just had to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading it.
Cecily Mitchell chapter 16 . 5/7/2010
Great story!
a.brief.dalliance chapter 16 . 5/1/2010
OMG!

that has to be THE cutest story I have read! I love all your works and really hope you continue to write!
tamii chapter 16 . 4/12/2010
So romantic *sigh*

Very well-written story, I think we all fancy James now! I could squeal over how cute this story is! (I'll try and refrain from doing so...)

But seriously, I love it! Will you be continuing writing soon? I hope you do - you're a very good writer!
Blissful Letdown chapter 16 . 3/20/2010
This is absolutely one of my favourite stories I've ever read in my entire life! this is exactly what I would picture the movie "Dear John" would be like...romantic but tragic and traumatizing at the same time!

I was so moved by it and you're writing is fabulous...your characters have such originality to them, I could just play around with them in my mind with my imagination...and let me say, it was a real treat.

Thank you so very much for a wonderful read!
Artume chapter 16 . 2/15/2010
WOW. I loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it! Especially poor James' portrayal in the beginning...it was so realistic! I think the ending is a bit rushed. We don't get to find out WHEN he came back. And his father's reaction! When he left, they were both estranged! So I suppose you could...work on that? Yeah. :) Absolutely loved it, great work.
Beautiful Destination chapter 16 . 1/23/2010
This story was absolutely gorgeous. I was nearly sweating at the end, hoping that James would still be alive. The emotions were well-depicted, and the characters very unique. Love it!
Devilish Kisses chapter 16 . 1/17/2010
Aw, I loved it! Such a cute story!
Devilish Kisses chapter 13 . 1/17/2010
Oh my God, I honestly thought he was dead!
Devilish Kisses chapter 7 . 1/17/2010
I hate Mary's mom! Why doesn't she realize that mary has a good heart and she just wants to help Mr. Waters and his son?
Devilish Kisses chapter 6 . 1/17/2010
Bill's dead? No!
Devilish Kisses chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
I'm glad he wrote to her!
268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »