Reviews for Letters to Mary McGraw
love and misadventures chapter 3 . 7/2/2009
I really like this story, but some of the things people say seem way out of date. Like, when Mary says, "So you aren’t going to forbid my writing James?” That sounds like something a person living in the 18th century would say. The story is supposed to be set in the late 60s and early 70s, right? I don't think a dad in that time would be fobidding his daughter to write someone, or saying James would have to ask his permission to ask Mary out.

I don't know... that's just what I think. Sorry if I'm coming off rude, by the way! :) Not intended.

Anyway, like I said, I'm really enjoying it so far! :D
A reviewer chapter 16 . 7/1/2009
I really liked this story, not just because of the plot, but because of how well you wrote it. The characters were believable and I really understood them. I thought the ending chapter was a little rushed, but the end result was touching, and it just makes me feel like smiling. Thanks for writing, and keep it up!
Malia-In-The-Sunshine chapter 16 . 6/7/2009
Heya! just to say that i really enjoyed the story, the way it was written made me feel as if i was there!kudos on the scow award! hope you write something new soon!

xx Malia
grassong chapter 16 . 5/30/2009
aww

this was so cute

:]]
alwaysautumn chapter 16 . 5/18/2009
Beautiful
Perpetual Romantic chapter 16 . 4/23/2009
One of my favorite stories every. I cried two or three times.

I LOVE IT.

Great job.

HelloLovely chapter 16 . 4/15/2009
So amazing. I cried, multiple times. I thought she was going to be stupid and do what Laura did to him when he first left for Vietnam. I'm so happy she didn't. This was just so great.

Love,

Becca
Broken Cascade chapter 16 . 3/13/2009
This story was amazing. Your style in writing it was amazing; I could really feel along with the characters. Keep writing!
The Dreaming Mermaid chapter 16 . 2/28/2009
Wow, that was amazing! I like seriously never cry and, well, here I am admitting to it. Haha. Anyway, you are an amazing author, I'm looking forward to reading some more of your work.

Haha, it's funny. The only reason I read this story was that my last name is McGraw, but it was totally worth it! I can't say what my favorite part of the story was because it was all amazing (goodness, I need a Thesaurus, huh?).

Anyway, thanks so much for this wonderful story.
Think With Caution chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I'm currently reading "Duty Isn't Everything" (which I love by the way.) When I came across this story the overall idea of it immediately caught my eye. I quickly became obsessed. I don't want to sound corny :) but I have to tell you that I think you are an amazing author and after I finish this essay for you I am going to read the other stories you have written.

P.S. Sorry if I sound like a creeper! Lol
Cupid's Jinx chapter 16 . 1/5/2009
-sniffs through stream of tears-

I hope you're happy - you've turned me into a complete slobbering mess.

I loved it! It was happy, sad, funny, and made me cry so much I need a tissue (gross...).

Ah procrastinating will be the baine of my existence...

I'm deffinately favouriting this!

L

-x-
xkk chapter 16 . 1/3/2009
Wow. I have to say that this story was honestly touching. Aside from a few minor errors, it was well-written and I really enjoyed it. :)
Ninavs chapter 16 . 12/25/2008
OMG! I can't even start to tell you how much I loved this piece!AMAZING! I just couldn't stop reading! Thank you so much for this! Do you plan on writting an epilog? I'd really LOVE one! ;)

Congrats!
liveonluna chapter 16 . 11/23/2008
Wow. This was such a sweet and romantic story. I loved it! Great job with it! D
jekodama chapter 16 . 10/22/2008
This was absolutely beautiful. Heartbreaking, moving, exciting, it made me laugh, cry, yell obscenities, curse you thrice, cry some more and laugh again. I love it. I could expand on some of the flaws I found in it, but I'm just too elated to do so.
280 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »