Reviews for Something Close to What I Have
josie chapter 2 . 5/1/2010
you should continue this!:P
kepteinen chapter 2 . 1/4/2009
Haha, oogled. I'm gonna borrow that word sometimes if that's okay with you? :D

This seems interesting, update soon plz.
insomkneeack chapter 2 . 12/4/2008
I think that you should definitely continue, it looks good so far.

Ash
Switch chapter 2 . 9/19/2008
Interesting so far. I look forward to reading more and seeing where you're going with this. :)
Switch chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Random fact: The "large satellite dish-like chair " is actually a papasan chair. ::goes to read next chapter::
Lerene chapter 2 . 9/1/2008
I just found your story and I like it. But I do have to say I'm very confused about what's going on.
paputsza chapter 2 . 8/26/2008
with the pronouciation, there was both a radu and a regina on my tennis team when i was in high school. lols. Radu was gee.
Elkica chapter 2 . 8/25/2008
Well, that was unexpected. You made a good twist and made me really curious was coming next.
Thread of Life chapter 2 . 8/21/2008
Haha Radu's very forward isn't he?

Great job! I like Ara's happy place, it's a nice touch.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to the next chapter!
Freak-of-Spade chapter 2 . 8/21/2008
Hello dawling!

Congrats on updating your second chapter! I thought you'd given up! Don't though, seriously. If you write to get reviews then you might lose your motivation, so don't do that. Trust me, it took me years of getting one review for every five chapters i wrote on Fanfiction and Fictionpres to finally end up writing a story that is remotely successful, reviews-wise.

I'll also tell you something: my most well-written story (in my opinion)only ever got, what, three reviews? For thirteen or fifteen chapters. It was a story with a concept, with imagery, with a lot of ideas and an actual concrete plot. He he. People don't want LITERATURE. They want entertainment.

So don't worry. Stop caring about the rveiews and they'll come to you (i know i sound like a right hypocrite, being the reviews-whore that i am, but i speak wisdom XD)

Now, here's a few tips that MIGHT help.

First of all, remove the M rating. Right now your story doesn't contain anything that would deserve and M rating, so put it down to T. It will come up more if people do searches, because they tend to look for T. You can put the fact that it might later rise to an M, and that will make your readers enticipate action (trust me, most readers keep on reading this sort of stories with the hope that there might be some action at some point, keep 'em hanging)

Second: put more MxM warnings. When people look for yaoi, they won't be able to search M/M as a search, because FP will say it's too short, so if they type other key words, like BoyxBoy, or Malexmale or yaoi or shonen-ai or boys love, they won't find your story. and you need to make your story come up in these searches. Copy paste the list on one of my summaries. it should help.

Third. Change your summary. Don't say it's your first story, they don't need to know that, and you can always say tht in an Author's Note. Your part about Ara is REALLY good. He sounds cool and unusual, so keep it. But you need to drop hint about the romance, or write a similar sentence for the love interest, Radu? Or say something corny like: then he meets Radu, and everything falls apart (or pull together) that was just a stupid example but you get the meaning. Go from there. The summary is the first thing people will check before they read the story so make it sound promising.

Fourth: when people start reviewing your stories and saying stuff like 'update soon' or 'i can't wait for an update' etc, start making author's notes about how lovely the reviews were, and how they motivate you so much and the more you get 'em, the more you write. If yourreaders are gagging for more aand they think reviewing is the most handy way to get you writing, they will.

Okies?

All of these are tips. You can follow them or you can't, it's up to you, i mean, i just think they might help. At any rate: you have at least ONE faithful reader (me) so you have at least ONE review garanteed for every chapter. You get big by starting small :3

Take care my lovely, and i can't wait for you to send your next chapter (i'm the first one to get the update on the going ons of the story! aah, the joys of being a bea! XD)

Loads of hugs and kisses and licks all over

Your Beta

PS-I hope that huge review isn't too intimidating _
Elkica chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Me like Ara, he seem such a nice/troubled guy and there’s so many possibility of how this story is going to continue. Looking forward to know him better and I hope you’d stick with writing the story, cause I’m really interested on what kind of the journey you are going to take Ara.

Just a thing to watch out for and that I hope you would find useful: when you have a large variety of characters and that when you introduce so much staff at the same time in such a short chapter there’s a large possibility that the reader can lose himself in it, so you should keep a close eye on that; if you put focus on other characters somewhere in the middle of the story, it effect your story’s flow, you slow it down and weakened it; and if there’s the end of the story in your head already, the only thing left for you to do is to drive the story from point A to point B (multi-chaptered stories where the writer knows the end before or when he starts to write the first chapter are rarely abandoned. Scientifically proven. I swear. xD)

P.S.: About the lack of the reviews. If I only wrote because of the reviews, I would have stopped a long time ago, so don’t let that discourage and keep up with the good work.
Thread of Life chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
I suck horribly at writing reviews but I thought I'd leave one anyways.

I really like this story so far! It's pretty interesting and... I don't know, there's something about it that's cool, I just can't place it. The style in general I guess. Anyways, I can't wait to read more. It's very good.
Freak-of-Spade chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Great job hunii! I put you on my profile so hopefully more people should hear about your 't be discouraged by the lack of reveiws yet...keep going and they'll keep coming :) (ugh, in dfferent contexts that last sentence could have sounded so WRONG _ ) (or maybe i'm just dirty minded XD )

Have you received Chapter 2 yet? i sent it some time ago. tell me if you haven't gotten it so i can send it again!

Love ya! Take care!

*chuu* o
Annabel Wynters chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
good so far, update soon!