Reviews for Posthuman Herald
C Shot chapter 7 . 10/4/2008
You were right in Science Fiction for Dummies.. different ideas do spice the hell out of a worn down genre. An intelligent crystal pillar/ city? Makes a damn good read.

This is probably my second favorite first person story as well. The first being All Quiet on the Western Front.

-Curtis
dreamshell chapter 27 . 8/15/2008
This chapter reverts a little bit to info-dumpiness, Javers.
Karsten chapter 1 . 8/7/2008
This has such a great first image - it's a pity you wander off into a phrase like "the undeclared actions had started quite a while before" and stay in that territory for the rest of the chapter. The writing is kind of dry: you use extremely formal language, repeat yourself (the word precise is used 3 times in less than 30 words), there are problems with simultaneous actions, etc etc. There's very little characterisation, unless you count the narrator being "precise" and acting "precisely" in every sentence. This piece suggests that the setting has an interesting blend of magic and technology, but to be honest, it's wasted if people don't hang in there long enough to find out.
dreamshell chapter 22 . 8/3/2008
So, the Herald wants them to meet their benefactor in Shibam?
dreamshell chapter 21 . 8/2/2008
So, they downed the Citadel, captured the Prince, then vivisected him? Awesome! D
dreamshell chapter 19 . 7/31/2008
So, the Herald is starting to make its own broadcasts and Tiber wants to kill Marcus?
dreamshell chapter 18 . 7/27/2008
"Having to put up with it would either harden her resolve to fight the Normans, or at least make her numb to all the carnage around her."

Dude, that's sort of... sociopathic. o_o I mean, logistically, sure, but... damn.

Anyway, cool chap.
dreamshell chapter 14 . 7/18/2008
Nice. A little chit-chat over weapons with a gal while your machinations play themselves out. Sounds like a lovely afternoon. D
dreamshell chapter 13 . 7/17/2008
The plot thickens, as they say.

I wonder what's going on with Shibam...
dreamshell chapter 12 . 7/12/2008
Hmm... I wonder what the Normans are up to...

Hope Tiber kicks some ass. D
Lynn K. Hollander chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Has anyone here ever received a return review from Jave Harron?
The Crazy Talk Kid chapter 7 . 6/15/2008
It's not a great system but it's a stepping stone to better ones. So is this world similar to FoL? No horrific errors that I noticed. Kdh.
Chiideki chapter 5 . 6/15/2008
I have to say that this story is really, really cool. I like the concepts you use in the technology and world building part of it, especially the 'inverted entropy' of ruins becoming a city. You also provide just enough information to keep the reader in the know without overloading them, which is unfortunately quite common in these alternate-reality fics. Aside from a few grammatical oddities , this story seems quite solid, and I'm waiting eagerly to read more!
Crownbreaker chapter 5 . 6/5/2008
Looks interesting so far. I haven't noticed any glaring grammatical or spelling errors, so you're good on that front.

Is this part of the FoL timeline, or something separate?
The Crazy Talk Kid chapter 5 . 6/2/2008
You and killing the French. Can't blame you though.

- Type Nine, a common Norman explosive used for blasting down doors. While this door had been exposed to some, the reinforced constructed had prevented entry.

Seemed kind of awkward but otherwise nothing too noticeable. Kdh.