Reviews for The Desk
teacupauthor chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
The same thing happened to me it's how my best friend and I met. I really love the idea, and you have wicked writing skills
sunflowerchild chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Something similar to this happened to me. Instead we took to sticking notes on the side leg of the desk and I have no idea what the gender of my penpal was and we never decided to meet. It was entertaining though.

Nice story, hope to see where it goes.
KitKat Pyrophobia chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
i really enjoyed this so far. the desk conversation was very creative and interesting idea. i can't wait to read more.
Ashlyn chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I loved it.

I especially liked the intro. It was simple, yet it grabbed my attention. I'm usually a restless person, especially when reading on FictionPress. When I run into a story with a boring intro, I usually stop reading. But this one was great. Good job!

And I like your writing style. Looking forward to the next chapter! :]
woodstock1969 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Hey. This sounds interesting so far. It actually reminds me of a one-shot I read a while back, but different. Also, kudos to you for having the boy play the saxophone (easily the best instrument ever). :-) Why yes, I am a sax player. However did you know? Anyway, update soon!
silentsound chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I love the concept, and I dont really think you have a choice with continuing this because you are KILLING me here with wanting to know who Desk Boy is. lovelovelove
IndigoAzucena chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
For sure would like to read more.

Keep it up!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I likes it!
xbrunnettex0 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
this story is really creative. i like it. is it goin to be a long story or a short one? update soon!
duckliy543 chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
i think its cute.
Anon chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I love ALL your stories...haven't reviewed before (but trust me, I'm reading. Some of them over and over again ;). This idea is great and I can't wait to see where you go with it! Only thing I'd say is that it could play out a lot like another story I've read with a similar theme...as long as it's original and unique, go for it.
Remember Sunday chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Wow. This is really interesting. Update soon.
Hed in the Cloudz chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Your introduction is wonderful! It draws the reader in right away, and it makes us want to know more- as much as you reveal, you also leave out just the right amount, so that we have to keep reading and reading to know how a desk can be so important. After all, a normal old conversation can't matter that much, right?

But then, your transition into the actual narrative is rather awkward. It seems to me that the most recent thing should go at the end, or even in a new chapter (since you're clearly not finished yet.) Backtracking is never fun for the reader, and this backtrack just seems out of order, seeing how it can't be too distant of a memory. The plot would be better executed if it were consecutive.

-Yna, from the Review Marathon (see the link in my profile!)
The Cat Died Nobly chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I wrote a two-shot incredibly similar to this plot. :/

It's weird to see someone else with the same idea, but whatever. I hope you execute it well. :)
DreamsOnlyLastForTheNight chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
she should meet him!

if i were her i would be so phsyced!

lol