Reviews for Duct Tape Fixes Everything
IdeasInTheAir chapter 12 . 10/9/2008
Oh my. What has high school done to our dear Leah?) No, I would have done whatever she's going to do, because I like to do things that pop into my head. Anywho...

I like how you had One of Those Days in here, but at the same time I'm like...nyah. But I still like it in here, it just works.

I like the random bruises, I think I might sleep walk and thenbump into corners or something because that happens to me all the time too! Whoah, Evander and I are like...MIND-BONDED! Yeah, just because he's a fictional character doesn't mean I can't be psycic and pretend that we're long long long long lost patients of the same dentistry clinic!

We haven't heard from Keiran and Charlie for a while, and I'm starting to miss them and their shenanagins. But I'm sure you'll bring them back in due time.

Anywho, that's all from me for now. A bucket of halloween candy of smiles for you, because I am so going trick-or-treating!

Toddles,

Danielle)
IdeasInTheAir chapter 11 . 10/9/2008
Sorry! I forgot to review, I read it but I got distracted and it just never happened, I'm so sorry. So I'll make it brief so that I can read the next chapter. Okay, here it is:

It's good, I don't understand why they are all so upset, I'm sorry if I'm missing something about that but for some reason I'm not getting a feeling that it's their...ahem, time of the month. But it might be...I don't know.

I'm off to see the wizard, no, he gets annoyed if you visit him too much, I'm off to read the next chapter! Hoorah!

Smiles,

Danielle)
brilliantfusion chapter 12 . 10/8/2008
lovely as usual. except...poor benny. i mean...his name is benny! he is so cute :D

and my goodness. mood swings? in the middle of one. feel the pain of my tennis coach ;)
lovefantasyworkreality chapter 12 . 10/7/2008
Someday, you will be merciful and get Benny and Fiona together. Until then, we'll enjoy reading about their shenanigans. Although admittedly, with Leah and Evander working together, it shouldn't be too long before they get together (theoretically).
CaveDwellers chapter 12 . 10/7/2008
I'm surprised Sean bought Fiona's lie, too.

Question: why is it that all of the guys Fiona dates are are torture-able? Even the characters are noticing it.

But YES! I'm on FIRE! *happy song and dance* It makes up for my blonde moment.

I didn't know what you were talking about at first when you mentioned One Of Those Days, but when I read Benny's angsting rant-totally love how you put that in there, by the way-I could've sworn that I read One Of Those Days before, even reviewed it.

And then I realized just how badly blindsided I had been. I missed that connection COMPLETELY.

You know what? You're right. Is is strange how Leah and Evander are somewhatnotreally getting along. Wonder what they're planning without you... ('cause it's totally awesome when your characters do that to you. Makes them all that more real, in my mind). ;)

Dude, I've woken up with random bruises, too. It's the strangest thing. Nowadays I just think that I've been possessed by a Sleepwalking Daniel epidemic or something. I know it's not true because I don't sleepwalk, but there again I know this guy who woke up literally on the phone with somebody that had called in his sleep. He was totally freaked out 'cause he doesn't sleepwalk, either, but then I told him about my I Woke Up And Realized My Eyes Were Already Open story. It made him feel a little better.

Seriously, it was the craziest thing. I was dreaming that I was in my house and my grandmother (whom I actually live with) had this bowl of water and wanted me to look in it so I could see a vision. I was all like, "sure, that sounds interesting" so I did. All I saw was my room from the perspective I would have lying on my bed. I stared and stared, and nothing happened, and I was just thinking that this was the lamest vision in the world when I realized that I was awake.

It was the coolest experience, I gotta tell you. Right up there with waking up and realizing that I'm miming eating finger food. I actually think it was bacon or something. Bizarre dream, that one. :)

CaveDwellers chapter 11 . 10/6/2008
Answering both PM and update:

actually, most of the emails were SKoW conversations, so it wasn't really all that bad, but keeping up with those conversations is harder than it sounds.

Yay! NaNo buddies! Now if they'd only let me log in...

Nah, the new characters don't have anything to do with that-my NaNo, on the other hand... The Blue Rose seems to creep into everything I write, it's crazy.

Thanks for the cheering, by the way. I think I might need it. ;

I totally agree with you about the HP rant. Completely. The movie people's shot themselves in the foot. I think that's why they moved the sixth movie to next year, so they could do something to fix it. I don't see how they'll do that, but that's not the point.

Now to the review:

Oh god, The Week Of Death. Yikes. Hilarious-but yikes. And I gave you the idea... oh my. Poor boys.

You mentioned in your PM that Evander and Leah aren't being mean to each other like normal... I don't think they even talk this chapter. I don't know what you mean.

And I think I see what you mean by Being Mean To Benny this chapter. You're delaying the Fiona/Sean breakup, and then spreading the word amongst the characters about Benny's hots for Fiona/Sean thinks Benny's batting for the other team, and then adding in NaNo, in which period of time something dramatic will happen.

Am I right? Hot, cold, lukewarm? 'Cause I coulda sworn that Fiona was going to use that at the end of the pants chapter to break up with him, like he said (by the way, that was like, total show of mistrust on Sean's part. Nobody noticed, but that thought just struck me right now. He's not feeling very secure in this relationship, is he? He wouldn't have suspected a breakup, otherwise).

And have I mentioned that I think it's hilarious that Joeri made a chart about who's week is whose? I was cracking up when I was reading that.

And Macadangdang... ah, the grade-school memories I get from that name... apparently he's a really popular/hot ladies man now, but I haven't seen him since I left in sixth grade. Major comeback from his teased grade school years. Just goes to show that you never know what's going to happen.

Looking forward to the next installment!

lovefantasyworkreality chapter 11 . 10/3/2008
Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen any girl get like that during her (ehem) time. For any of the four.

And maybe I'm just totally clueless, but what was with the counting at the end?
IdeasInTheAir chapter 10 . 9/20/2008
Sorry it took me so long to review.

I liked this chapter, but it was rather short. But it was still cool. Not my favourite, but it was still really good. I don't know if I like this better than Fine Line yet, it's really awesome and I love the new characters, but...it's just not the same. Oh well, I'm sure that it will be just as good soon! Anywho, all in all this wasn't really a chapter you really needed, so when you're editing and if you have way too many chapters you could take this one out, or squicsh it in with another.

But, it's still amazing! I can't wait to read more, I really can't, and I'm excited for when Fine Line comes out! Keep writing, and happy autumn!

A smile sticker stuck on every falling leaf,

Danielle)))
CaveDwellers chapter 10 . 9/15/2008
Okay, so like you I've been tied up with school recently, which is why I haven't responded to your PM or updated any of my stories recently. I'm going to do the former before reviewing.

Speaking of financial aid... I don't even know if this counts, but I did get accepted into a teenager's writing program at the Long Ridge Writer's Group. College-level course, if I complete it I get six credits. It's gonna help me learn how to do editor queries, market my writing, and hone my style with a personal tutor. Wasn't what I wanted, but because I'm not 17 yet I'm not applicable for the adult course. Kind of a blow to the ego, but I'm going to take what I can get. Tuition's 700 dollars, and I really, REALLY need a job if I want to make 60-dollar monthly payments.

Financial aid would be nice, but I really hate that my parents are paying for it in the time being. There are literally no jobs out there for 15.5 year olds. You have to be at least 16.

Again, I have to admit to ego blow. But that's neither here nor there.

And concerning your Kai/Gwen comment, I'm not so sure that they don't bring out the best in each other. I haven't really figured it out yet; their relationship is still confusing to me, but there's always that thought that MAYBE they do...

I dunno-now onto the review:

YOU'RE BACK! Coolness.

Hey! My teacher's name is Mrs. Burns! She's a triple citizen of Ireland, England and America. Grew up in Ireland, and has this crazy accent... very passive aggressive, Mrs. Burns. Funny, though. I like her.

Whoa. Those teachers Mr. Heyman and Ms. Burns... are you sure this is a public school system? They act so... odd. Then again, my school's public charter, and that's not the same as pure public. I haven't been in that system for something like 4 years now, so it's not like I have very reliable memories, but I definitely wouldn't have caught a teacher telling his/her student to "shut it."

Charlie's question was characteristic, but I have to agree with the other characters that it was surprising. Part of the change you're mentioning is going on with him, perhaps?

Oh boy-we're talking football, right? I am not a sports person, but last I checked Michigan (one of them) was totally creaming Hawaii.

And I was just gonna comment something about Jesse and Renie being in a heated debate and it being weird. And Ryan the peacemaker, with the singing... Yeah, that was pretty funny. This is what sports does to you. I can now officially rest my case.

For a minute, I didn't get the "That's the only way you don't swing" comment, but now... heh. My guy friends joke like that, about serious "How can you cheat on me with HER?" and "Dude, I TOLD you that I wasn't comfortable with going public yet" sort of comments. I think that's maybe why it doesn't seem like such a burn to me-but there again, the fact that Malcolm didn't get it was probably what did it.

Um... wouldn't the chicks Keiran and Charlie hang out with go evil (or begin to go evil) together, too? I dunno. Maybe it's just because they all know The Girls so well. Getting closer to The Week Of Death. Scary things.

I just think it's hilarious that Joeri keeps track like this.

Hey, Firefly's cool! I can totally second that.

brilliantfusion chapter 10 . 9/14/2008
total sweetness. lol CYCLE :O they MUST be scared :D
Chasing TeddyBears chapter 4 . 9/14/2008
You may want to be careful with how often you use "serenely" and "tranquilly" with Renie. We kind of got that, unless her full name is Irene, it's probably Serenity. Not trying to be mean, but when something gets repetitive it begins to grate.

Otherwise this story is very well-written, looks wonderful. Congratulations on getting Represented! I hope everything works out and gets off the ground smoothly!

I'll be reading. Best wishes! Have a fabulous afternoon.
brilliantfusion chapter 9 . 8/24/2008
very nice ;)

my friends are so much less subtle when interrogating. this is what they do.

push you down on nearest couch/bed.

SPILL.

NOW.

O_O
wabam chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I like it so far. Keep it coming.
IdeasInTheAir chapter 9 . 8/19/2008
Oh my gosh.) That was brilliant. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it.

One thing, Fiona and Sean, well, I'd think that Fiona would be more reluctant to do it, because, well, she's Fiona. It seemed to be too fast, but at least you didn't actually put it in this chapter.

And it is so good to know that the Devils are still so devilish. And I kind of like Benny and Evander being with Joeri and Garrett, but dragging Rico and Dom along...I don't know. I'm kind of resentful to that but I supose it makes sense. Stealing pants is not a three person job, I would know.

Thanks for the amazing chapter, because that's what this one is. One of my favourites, in both books for sure.

Update soon! It is so excellent, I just wish it was a cake and then I could eat it and it would be the best darn cake in the world.

Pretend every little needle on a pine tree that is 200 years old is a smiles. It's a big tree.)

Danielle)))))) Five million/5 on the smile meter.
CaveDwellers chapter 9 . 8/18/2008
Simultaneously a review and response to your review response...

YES! The pants chapter! I've been really pumped about this!

I was also extremely pumped about the Mind Calculator poem, but even after going through making an account and re-entering the link the website wouldn't find the story for me. So now I'm kinda bummed. Could you try and send it again? Something kleopatra's been doing is putting spaces between everything, and that seems to be getting around FP's system. Maybe that'll help?

You know, that whole Matt's A Jerk conversation reminds me of something I read/heard somewhere. This chick was talking to one of her friends in an all-girls boarding school. She'd been a tomboy around guys most of her life, so she didn't understand why the third girl in question wanted her friends around while suffering from the heartbreak of a breakup. The chick had said to the tomboy, "Just wait. They'll start bashing him soon enough." And sure enough...

Just thought that so appropriate for that scene.

You know what? I've decided right now, right after the money bribe, that I no longer want to know what the boys want with Benny's pants. This is hilarious-ridiculous.

Run, Rico! Run!

And Benny's gonna follow him... in the middle of school... in his boxers...

Oh my. This is where the office pants quote's gonna come in, isn't it?

But don't women who spend a lot of time together all get their periods at the same time? I don't see how Celia, Leah, Caomhe and Fiona don't do that after so many years of friendship.

Beyond this, however, I find it funny that the only free week on Joeri's calender's the first. Only a week to freely wreck havoc, that's such a time constraint...

Like an excess of smiling, I also think there's an excess of dragging with the Fiona/Sean cuteness after the boys explain to the girls what they were doing with Benny's pants.

Quick question: why would Benny continue to go to class in his underwear? Wouldn't he just say screw it just that one day and hide out in the bathroom until having to go to the office or something? The poor boy's bound to be a complete laughing stock at this point.

Really loved the end of that chapter with Benny stealing Evander's pants. Totally one of the worst times to interrupt the Fiona/Sean moment (I like him, too, darnit!), but it made me laugh.

The little chatroom (I refuse to make it two words!) thing was cute. Kinda makes you wonder if the boys are really The Perfect Quartet Of Devils, though. Everyone's beginning to slowly grow apart from each other. Not by much, and maybe I'm making a hyperbole, but it seems like just enough to me.

Anyhow, thanks for the cookie bars and hilarious chapter!

37 | Page 1 .. Last Next »