Reviews for A Moment of Anger
Do Play With Fire chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Interesting. Was this story inspired by real events?
Abrasive chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Seemed a tad melodramatic; an overreaction. So much angst for something which, though an irritating generalisation, wasn't necessarily malicious. It's not as if the protaganist were being labelled stupid or incompetent for their Asian heritage.
silverspigot chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Wonderfully written, and captured...
Allison chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
That's very nice, I think it truly captures how prejudice affects people, even if they don't admit it.

Good Job!
DoubleTrouble986 chapter 1 . 9/19/2009
Good job! We liked it! :)
natmarie chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
I like this, it is seemingly simple, but tackles a big issue. Nicely done.
Fals-Ari chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
Guess what? Touch. Oops, I accidentally meandered into another one of your stories. I didn't mean it, I swear. (Wow! What are the chances of randomly picking a story from you? All I did is randomly clicked on a link in your profile. The probability of getting a story from you is...well, I don't know, since I absolutely failed that probability exam.)

A glimpse of the inner workings of Ashley's mind. Wow. A rare treat. I learned something new about you today, I'm glad I started to read your stories. _

Yea...you probably really hate me now. (Nah. I imagine Ashley flushing red right now with embarrassment, actually.) I think your writing is really powerful; one of your reviewers is right, you may very well end up as an author by the time of college.

You better go to Uconn with me. I volunteer to be your beta-reader when you start sending your works to publishers!

(I want to comment more on the content of this piece, but I think you feel embarrassed enough. I shall save my thoughts for a later date.)

Falsari
MadG chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Wow. you're 15 and you write this incredibly. By college I wouldn't be surprised if you're a published writer. I am utterly amazed.
Author Imagination 2007 chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
That was extremely AWESOME to the MAX!
LadyPanther chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
The story structure is absolutly amazing! Every word was perfectly placed and I understood all of it with no confusion. Is it finish? I would love to hear more of this story
Avalonia chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
A strong beat, a clear, strong voice sings in the same language. It is a song that plays in our car constantly: my type of music. QUOTE: The glitter of gold at my ears and neck remind me of the country my parents came from. It is true gold, but its value is more than monetary. The sheer love with which the earrings and the necklace were molded in a place even foreign to me reminded me of my roots and all I owed my parents. A faint breeze stirs the classroom and strokes my cheek to remind me of the silk saris favored by my mother and the vibrantly-colored silk dresses and pants that flattered me as American clothing did not. The girl sitting next to me knew none of that. END QUOTE

Absolutely my favorite passage...I had wondered at the very beginning where this was going and was quite surprised and pleased that it was someplace incredible. A lovely bit of writing...short but really connected with me and let me get inside someone else's head.