Reviews for Wake the Demon
in the city of neon and chrome chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
harsh, but beautiful. i really liked this. i think that many people are able to relate to this poem (i know i certainly could). keep it up. :)

peace.
Katie Nicole chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
Wow.

This is extremely dark and depressing. You make yourself sound like some kind of plague on the human race. It sounds so painful, like trying to fight insticts that you're dying to give in to... but you can't because the instincts are horrific. And you stress how lonesome you are, which is sad, as though you have no choice but to isolate yourself.

I like your verbs.. just little words such as "incarcerated," "writhing," and "breed" make the poem more wordy, which is much to my liking.

Katie
Unique1952 chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
This is really, really good. I especially like the first and last stanzas. Again, good work with this - it's very emotional and I really enjoyed reading it.
Through Glass Eyes chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
this was really good. The verses were amazing and portreyed many emotions. its a pleasure to read your poetry. you don't have to review back:)
lymli chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
the first verses: Can you hear my cries for help?

... looked filled with desperation.

This beast I ... I don't know why but that part scared me a bit, well, it's as if even the devil could love...

and the last lines remind me of something I thought of..

it could be a story about an "innocent" person who falls in love and starts to become a "demon" by all those feelings..
Isca chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
"Killing loneliness with pain."

"This beast I hide to save you all."

There were so many good lines in this poem!

WRITE ON! :D
Tranquil Thorns chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
'Killing loneliness with pain' - I thought that line was a little bit cliche, especially on this site. It's not your fault, of course, but I think you can make it a little bit more original and your own.

'Loneliness is the only way

To bring us all together again.' - I really liked those lines. They sound really sad, but at the same time almost hopeful and determined.