Reviews for Blood Bound
eLm0 chapter 5 . 6/15/2008
Above this chapter, Chapter 5, was an ad for a survey, "Are you a vampire?"

I couldn't help laughing.

And then I realized that this story isn't getting as many reviews as it should be; you have a unique plot and the story is very well-written. I thoroughly enjoy it. :]

Anyhow, before I move onto the next chapter, I have to confess something. Whenever I think of Malachi, I imagine the vampire from "Thirty Days of Night" or whatever that horror movie was. And Greyson? Ohh. I could just melt into a puddle at the thought of how he looks.

I love pale men. ;]

Anyway... thank you so much for this story!

Definitely one of my favorites!

:]
broken-and-bruised chapter 8 . 6/15/2008
OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS STORY! Its so ugh... I cant find words... well yeah I totally love it. was that the ending or are you adding more?
LondonLi chapter 8 . 6/15/2008
Wonderful job! I always enjoy your stories, but this is my favorite so far. I'm looking forward to the sequel!
Evangeline Curls chapter 8 . 6/15/2008
That was a wonderful chapter. i loved her teenage like uncertainty in the last part of the chapter. It was very human and made her seem more real. I can't believe that its over. Although i liked this ending much better than the ending of sunshine. i like stories that have closure. Anyway, i really enjoyed reading this story. I can't wait to read more from you.
CelticLady chapter 4 . 6/14/2008
I really like this story, I love your writing style it is a lot different than most of the other works here (not saying the others are bad just different)
Dreamer's Denial chapter 8 . 6/14/2008
Very nicely done. A fovrite for sure.

-DD
christine chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
It is a very nice beginning, and I enjoyed reading it. The town being called July threw me off a little bit, but it was fine in the end.
jammi chapter 8 . 6/14/2008
I like that she didn't say she loved him since all I can think is that this happened over a period of a week, but you explained the word limit so I let it slide, that's the one problem I find with short stories to get the HEA sometimes you have to lose the realism, but i think you did a good job for such a short story, it'll be great to see where you go with a full length novel.
Evangeline Curls chapter 7 . 6/12/2008
sigh...that was wonderful...It was definatly intersting. I can't wait to read the next chapter. its kinda sad that it will be the last one. oh well update soon
Elle chapter 7 . 6/12/2008
This is so delicious to read! Really good plot, very rounded, and I can't wait to see how you wrap it up. I love Daphne and Greyson as a pair. They really compliment each other and their chemistry is burning.

Thanks for writing and update as soon as you can! X
jammi chapter 7 . 6/11/2008
I like the fact that even though the Malachi aspect is wrapped up neatly, it isn't. Yeah, she got away the same night she was captured and what not but she got beat up, and her powers didn't just kickstart automatically, I like the fact that even though her powers are super strong it took her a while to get them to start and even then it wasn't a result of her consciously thinking about it which I thought was a nice touch.

Oh, and the imagery when she was scrambling for the knife? Well done, I could really see it in my mind.
Evangeline Curls chapter 6 . 6/10/2008
omg...this is the must suspensful chapter yet! I mean i was totally not expecting the ending. i actually had to re-read it b/c i was so shocked! Anyway, i can't wait to read the next part. update soon
jammi chapter 6 . 6/9/2008
You'd think Greyson would've been more aware on the idea that she might get attacked again, I mean that was a major reason he hadn't wanted her to go to work in the first place. Then again, love makes an idiot out of everyone. It was a sweet thought, what he really needs is a car, lol, deal with it that way.

I like the way you mention the ostracism of her friend because of what her father did. I find that with small towns where everyone knows your business the sins of the father are the sins of the child.

Hope she can get her magic to work quicker in a dangerous situation, and early didn't you mention that the patrons said that maybe her magic was used in her cooking? So technically they did comment on the magic that infused the bakery, even if it was a joke it could've also been hints. She seems paranoid when it comes to her magic, why do I have a feeling it has a part in the death of her parents.
Evangeline Curls chapter 5 . 6/5/2008
omg totally awesome. Definatly worth staying up late for. I like that u expand more on the magical aspect of this story than the vampiric one. I'm all for a good vamp, but its nice to see that if it came to it, Rayne could defend herself with her magic. Anway, i can't wait to read another chapter. Update soon
jammi chapter 5 . 6/4/2008
This is really interesting so far, I was dragged in from the beginning although there were a few moments where I felt as if I might be in the same world as 'Sunshine' by Robin McKinley. Of course, this isn't to say your story isn't unique but since I read that years ago and it's human nature to try and compare things to make them fit that's what comes to mind, and personally I think that's a great connection since I really enjoyed that book but I didn't like the way it just ended, I'm still hoping for a sequel, lol.

Now onto your story, I was sort of hoping she'd resist just a bit longer, I know it would be dumb since she has proof someone is out to kill her but the sexual tension would've been great. As well she managed to stifle what appears to be extremely strong magic, wouldn't she try and stifle this as well? Especially since vampires are Taboo?

But yeah, great story so far, love the set up and world building and hope to read more soon.
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »